ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When did you first arrive in the UK to begin your residency?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dialectic

When did you first arrive in the UK to begin your residency?

Post by dialectic » Sun May 07, 2023 10:11 pm

Hi everyone :)

I currently hold pre-settled status and I am applying for settled status on the basis of being a family member (spouse) to a EEU national holding settled status already. Married since 2018.

The application has a question in particular "When did you first arrive in the UK to begin your residency?"

I first arrived back in 2012 under a student visa to switch later to a work one, before getting married and so on. I don't know which answer is the best for this? Should I state the date of my marriage? or the 2012 date when I arrived as a student? I don't know what the best answer for this is? I'm being confused by the "arrive to begin your residency" part of the question

Thanks so much

kamoe

Re: When did you first arrive in the UK to begin your residency?

Post by kamoe » Mon May 08, 2023 11:56 am

Just answer all questions truthfully. If you arrived in the UK in 2012, then answer 2012. They will request proof of your relationship, and it will be clear from your marriage certificate that your residence as a EU family member started in 2018.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

dialectic

Re: When did you first arrive in the UK to begin your residency?

Post by dialectic » Mon May 08, 2023 8:23 pm

Thanks so much. Will do that :)