ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

when is the best time for apply for the FMRS

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

katka1311

when is the best time for apply for the FMRS

Post by katka1311 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:23 pm

Hi...
thanks to the forum we have finally made it to the UK on may 20 this year. My husbands family permit is valid till oktober 22 this year.
I would like to get some advice when is the best time for us to apply for the FMRS.
1. I am employed since july 12 and just recieved my WRS regist. theorethically we could apply for his stamp already, but I have another job offer, which I might take on. The job should start on sept 13. Should I wait till I start my new job, and send his application from with the stamp of my new employer/but then we might run out of time, because I need to reregister with wrs and wait for the new certificate to arrive- and it might arrive later then his family permit expires which is on 22.10./ or should we send his app now, and with this wrs cert and in case i change my job, wait until the new cert comes and just inform the home office.
2. how long does it take to recieve the stamp, and how long is it valid for?
3. we are planning to move, probably in oct, so should I send his app now, and then inform them about our new address, my new job etc...or should I just wait with the whole FMRS appl until we settle in and send it the last minute.
4. thinking that sending it "early" might speed up our appl am I being too naive?
5. after recieving the fmrs, and me completing the 12 months, which will be 12 july2011 we are planning to apply together for the eea1+2. So that means our passports will be AGAIN with the home office. So practically once we start the whole appl process from FMRS in a couple of months, we will not have our passports back/except the short time when we get the fmrs endorsed in it, hopefully by dec this year/ until we get the eea1+2 approved sometimes hopefully 2 years from now...am I correct?
6. could my husband instead of FMRS appl send his EEA2 appl, or this is already out of the quest because I am registered with WRS already?

thanks for all your insights.