ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

where is my biometric letter?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

april123
Newly Registered

where is my biometric letter?

Post by april123 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:29 pm

Hello everyone

I haven't got neither biometric letter nor COA letter since I submitted on application on 4th Septmeber. It has been 6 weeks. Anyone has similiar situation like me? :?

amaherchandani
Mood:
India

Re: where is my biometric letter?

Post by amaherchandani » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:36 pm

I made my 1st application on that date as well and I chased them to see after 4 weeks what was the problem.I found out that I did not sign on the biometrics declaration and they sent me my documents and rejected my Application. On the same day I made a new application and it was smooth then. What type of application you had?

april123
Newly Registered

Post by april123 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:51 pm

amaherchandani wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:36 pm
I made my 1st application on that date as well and I chased them to see after 4 weeks what was the problem.I found out that I did not sign on the biometrics declaration and they sent me my documents and rejected my Application. On the same day I made a new application and it was smooth then. What type of application you had?
Hello amaherchandani
Congratulations! Hope you will get your card soon. I emailed to the address which you gave to me before. I didn't get any reply yet. I am appying for EEA FM. I don't know what else I can do.

amaherchandani
Mood:
India

Post by amaherchandani » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:03 pm

Hi

Did you ever try writing to them via post?

You can contact your MP as well?

According to this forum , the applicants I have seen who write to them has always got a positive result. If you write the letter make sure it has all your details and tracking number if you posted your application.

april123
Newly Registered

Post by april123 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:09 pm

amaherchandani wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:03 pm
Hi

Did you ever try writing to them via post?

You can contact your MP as well?

According to this forum , the applicants I have seen who write to them has always got a positive result. If you write the letter make sure it has all your details and tracking number if you posted your application.
I contacted MP before and am still waiting for a reply. As for post, I am not sure whether they could see that. Maybe I should have a try.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:52 pm

april123 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:29 pm
Hello everyone

I haven't got neither biometric letter nor COA letter since I submitted on application on 4th Septmeber. It has been 6 weeks. Anyone has similiar situation like me? :?
Hi, I am! Sent papers on 9/09, received CoA letter on 17/09 but still no bio letter. It's been now a month from CoA an I'm still waiting for the bio letter.

Already sent them an email - no reaction, not sure that sending a letter will help here. This is a very poorly organised process, I'm afraid. I don't really want to wait for another 3-4 months to find out they decided to close the route due to Brexit.

april123
Newly Registered

Post by april123 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:14 pm

iwolga wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:52 pm
april123 wrote:
Hello everyone

Hi, I am! Sent papers on 9/09, received CoA letter on 17/09 but still no bio letter. It's been now a month from CoA an I'm still waiting for the bio letter.

Already sent them an email - no reaction, not sure that sending a letter will help here. This is a very poorly organised process, I'm afraid. I don't really want to wait for another 3-4 months to find out they decided to close the route due to Brexit.
Hello, iwolga
The process is quite painful right? I am thinking about cancel my case because my documents are not well prepared. I want to reapply but EU settlement route.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:55 pm

april123 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:14 pm
iwolga wrote:
april123 wrote:
Hello everyone

Hello, iwolga
The process is quite painful right? I am thinking about cancel my case because my documents are not well prepared. I want to reapply but EU settlement route.
It is difficult to sit and wait, yes. Why do you think to cancel? What’s wrong with the papers you have?

april123
Newly Registered

Post by april123 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:29 pm

iwolga wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:55 pm
april123 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:14 pm
iwolga wrote:
april123 wrote:
Hello everyone

Hello, iwolga
It is difficult to sit and wait, yes. Why do you think to cancel? What’s wrong with the papers you have?
I made serveral small mistakes in the documents, not sure I should withdrawl it or not.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:03 pm

Don’t know really. I guess depends on the type of mistakes. If those are typos in something other than your and your sponsor name, I assume this shall be fine.

Did you make a mistake in the address probably? Can this be the reason why you didn’t get anything?

amaherchandani
Mood:
India

Post by amaherchandani » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:12 pm

The easiest way to find out is - if you go back to the form you filled it on - may be the second page would say like this "making sure your application is valid" and then it will say you what sections are most important ones. In my case they said biometrics information and declaration is important. I had mistakenly did not sign it as I thought it is asking for under 16 so I purposely dint do it. That's where I lost my 4 weeks. I should have definitely consultated someone that time before doing it. Did you guys had solicitors in your application? Did they tell you any advice which you could not retrieve?