ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will presettled status mean new residence card?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

(Eea)FamilyMember
Newly Registered
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Will presettled status mean new residence card?

Post by (Eea)FamilyMember » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:08 pm

Hello community , I am a 5yrs Eea FM RC holder which expires in -21 and I wonder if I will be issued a new "pre-settled residence card" which would be a downgrade in my case since I already hold a perfectly fine EEA family member RC for traveling abroad etc.I understand that I have to uppgrade my status as pre-settled , just hate the idea of having a new card issued with all the inconveniences connected to it...

secret.simon

Re: Will presettled status mean new residence card?

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:01 pm

I don't think there is a requirement to return your present Residence Card when you apply for pre-settled status. You could just retain that, use that for travel abroad and use the pre-settled documentation (card/vignette) to re-enter the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

kamoe

Re: Will presettled status mean new residence card?

Post by kamoe » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:07 pm

You’ll get proof of your status through an online service. You will not get a physical document unless both of the following apply:

you’re from outside the EU
you do not already have a biometric residence card
https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... 2774a8dfb8
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.