ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Route or EUSS ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sam550

Zambrano Route or EUSS ?

Post by sam550 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:39 pm

Hello,

Mods and Expert any advice will be highly appreciated.

I work for a very reputable investment bank and have been offered a role in Qatar, so I called my solicitor to see if in any way I can take that role due to the fact on FLR FP there are conditions which doesn’t allow us to work abroad or if I go my clock will reset to zero, my first FLR FP was granted in Dec 2015 so I’ve already had two extensions, third is in 2023 before I can apply ILR in 2025, but I thought let me ask him if something can be done - he told me that he’s done couple of cases on FLR FP route for early ILR, he said there is no home office fee and he’ll only charge his fees, no timeframe nor guarantee if it’ll approve or not but worst case if it doesn’t approve for ILR it won’t effect my current status - is that something you guys are familiar with ? Or have anyone tried or any information ?

He didn’t give me much details but mentioned Zambrano route couple of times - I just want to ask and get input from you friends if that’s the route to go for or just wait out another 3 years before I’m eligible for ILR ?

Kind Regards.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Zambrano Route or EUSS ?

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:33 am

I think you were given advice already in this thread:
eea-route-applications/zambrano-case-qu ... l#p2061496
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:38 am

sam550 wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:39 pm
Hello,

Mods and Expert any advice will be highly appreciated.

I work for a very reputable investment bank and have been offered a role in Qatar, so I called my solicitor to see if in any way I can take that role due to the fact on FLR FP there are conditions which doesn’t allow us to work abroad or if I go my clock will reset to zero, my first FLR FP was granted in Dec 2015 so I’ve already had two extensions, third is in 2023 before I can apply ILR in 2025, but I thought let me ask him if something can be done - he told me that he’s done couple of cases on FLR FP route for early ILR, he said there is no home office fee and he’ll only charge his fees, no timeframe nor guarantee if it’ll approve or not but worst case if it doesn’t approve for ILR it won’t effect my current status - is that something you guys are familiar with ? Or have anyone tried or any information ?

He didn’t give me much details but mentioned Zambrano route couple of times - I just want to ask and get input from you friends if that’s the route to go for or just wait out another 3 years before I’m eligible for ILR ?

Kind Regards.
Those representing you acted incompetently in failing to advise you to move to the 5 years rule after you secured a status in 2015.

The present advise is deeply flawed, and unlikely to succeed.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

sam550

Post by sam550 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:11 pm

Thanks for your prompt response and tbh I thought so, I’d rather wait out last 3 years before start any new venture. But yea definitely I could’ve changed it to FLR M as I met all the requirements but we all live and learn.

Kind Regards,
Aasim