ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

forney-again
BANNED
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:26 pm
Bangladesh

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by forney-again » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:42 pm

forney-again wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:34 pm
Win49 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:52 am
Dear All,

Just received my refusal email.

Please advice what to do next thanks.

Thank you for your application under the EU Settlement Scheme as a ‘person
with a Zambrano right to reside’.
Your application has been carefully considered but from the information and
evidence provided or otherwise available you do not meet the requirements of
the scheme. I am sorry to inform you that your application has therefore been
refused.
If you can afford it, appeal to both the Admin Review and the First Tier Tribunal. Each costs about 80gbp or so.

If you go for the First Tier Tribunal, make sure you send a copy of your refusal decision to the First Tier Tribunal as soon as possible. The Court will want to know how many families are being affected. Also, make sure you download a copy of your cover letter. It will show up in the step right after you pay for your appeal.
Also, try to explain why you got leave to remain under Appendix FM. Many people went for Appendix FM because the Home Office told them to.

Other Zambrano carers applied under Appendix FM because they did not want to be without a status, and the Home Office did not offer any guidance.

Win49
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:34 pm

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Win49 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:04 pm

forney-again wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:34 pm
Win49 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:52 am
Dear All,

Just received my refusal email.

Please advice what to do next thanks.

Thank you for your application under the EU Settlement Scheme as a ‘person
with a Zambrano right to reside’.
Your application has been carefully considered but from the information and
evidence provided or otherwise available you do not meet the requirements of
the scheme. I am sorry to inform you that your application has therefore been
refused.
If you can afford it, appeal to both the Admin Review and the First Tier Tribunal. Each costs about 80gbp or so.

If you go for the First Tier Tribunal, make sure you send a copy of your refusal decision to the First Tier Tribunal as soon as possible. The Court will want to know how many families are being affected. Also, make sure you download a copy of your cover letter. It will show up in the step right after you pay for your appeal.
Thank you for the advice and for your reply. Will get the ball rolling.

forney-again
BANNED
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:26 pm
Bangladesh

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by forney-again » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:47 pm

Win49 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:04 pm
forney-again wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:34 pm
Win49 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:52 am
Dear All,

Just received my refusal email.

Please advice what to do next thanks.

Thank you for your application under the EU Settlement Scheme as a ‘person
with a Zambrano right to reside’.
Your application has been carefully considered but from the information and
evidence provided or otherwise available you do not meet the requirements of
the scheme. I am sorry to inform you that your application has therefore been
refused.
If you can afford it, appeal to both the Admin Review and the First Tier Tribunal. Each costs about 80gbp or so.

If you go for the First Tier Tribunal, make sure you send a copy of your refusal decision to the First Tier Tribunal as soon as possible. The Court will want to know how many families are being affected. Also, make sure you download a copy of your cover letter. It will show up in the step right after you pay for your appeal.
Thank you for the advice and for your reply. Will get the ball rolling.
You are welcome!

One possible approach for your argument

1. Explain your Background

For example, Ms X is a Nigerian national. She came to this country in 2006. She has four children, of whom she is the sole carer. The eldest, Abraham, who was born on 26 October 2011, is a British citizen. On 15 September 2014 she was granted a "derivative residence card" under the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006, as amended, on the basis that she was Abraham's "Zambrano carer" (a term which I explain below). On 4 April 2019 she applied for limited leave to remain under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules, on the basis that she was the sole responsible parent of a British citizen child living in the UK. On 12 July 2019 the application was granted, for a thirty-month period expiring on 11 January 2022.

2. Summarise why you applied for Appendix FM

For example, Ms X applied for Appendix FM because she was told to be the Home Office in a letter dated..Or, Ms X applied for Appendix FM because she was unsure of her status.


3. Summarise why the Home Office rejected you

For example, "The Home Office refused my application for settlement because, [Insert statements from your refusal letter]"

4. Summarise why the Home Office is wrong

For example, "The Home Office is wrong because, they made a committment to implement the requirements of the Zambrano decision. Moreover, the language of regulation 16 (7) (c) (iv) is simply too clear to allow it to be construed as covering persons with limited leave to remain. Accordingly, applicants with limited leave to remain under Appendix FM can also be Zambrano carers."

Win49
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:34 pm

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Win49 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:33 am

forney-again wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:47 pm
Win49 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:04 pm
forney-again wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:34 pm
Win49 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:52 am
Dear All,

Just received my refusal email.

Please advice what to do next thanks.

Thank you for your application under the EU Settlement Scheme as a ‘person
with a Zambrano right to reside’.
Your application has been carefully considered but from the information and
evidence provided or otherwise available you do not meet the requirements of
the scheme. I am sorry to inform you that your application has therefore been
refused.
If you can afford it, appeal to both the Admin Review and the First Tier Tribunal. Each costs about 80gbp or so.

If you go for the First Tier Tribunal, make sure you send a copy of your refusal decision to the First Tier Tribunal as soon as possible. The Court will want to know how many families are being affected. Also, make sure you download a copy of your cover letter. It will show up in the step right after you pay for your appeal.
Thank you for the advice and for your reply. Will get the ball rolling.
You are welcome!

One possible approach for your argument

1. Explain your Background

For example, Ms X is a Nigerian national. She came to this country in 2006. She has four children, of whom she is the sole carer. The eldest, Abraham, who was born on 26 October 2011, is a British citizen. On 15 September 2014 she was granted a "derivative residence card" under the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006, as amended, on the basis that she was Abraham's "Zambrano carer" (a term which I explain below). On 4 April 2019 she applied for limited leave to remain under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules, on the basis that she was the sole responsible parent of a British citizen child living in the UK. On 12 July 2019 the application was granted, for a thirty-month period expiring on 11 January 2022.

2. Summarise why you applied for Appendix FM

For example, Ms X applied for Appendix FM because she was told to be the Home Office in a letter dated..Or, Ms X applied for Appendix FM because she was unsure of her status.


3. Summarise why the Home Office rejected you

For example, "The Home Office refused my application for settlement because, [Insert statements from your refusal letter]"

4. Summarise why the Home Office is wrong

For example, "The Home Office is wrong because, they made a committment to implement the requirements of the Zambrano decision. Moreover, the language of regulation 16 (7) (c) (iv) is simply too clear to allow it to be construed as covering persons with limited leave to remain. Accordingly, applicants with limited leave to remain under Appendix FM can also be Zambrano carers."
Thank you so much and will do

Mypapers
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:59 pm
Albania

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Mypapers » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:59 pm

I see the Zambrana application has gone quiet
Is anything happening. What is the waiting

Mypapers
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:59 pm
Albania

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Mypapers » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:15 pm

Dear forney-again Is the email address That I could contact resolution centre regarding my application and do they take any notes to what you say

forney-again
BANNED
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:26 pm
Bangladesh

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by forney-again » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:54 pm

Mypapers wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:15 pm
Dear forney-again Is the email address That I could contact resolution centre regarding my application and do they take any notes to what you say
Hello Mypapers,

To contact the EU Settlement Resolution Centre online you can go to - https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... -check-app

By telephone: 0300 123 7379
Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays), 8am to 8.30pm UK local time
Saturday and Sunday, 9:30am to 4:30pm UK local time

I do not know what the resolution centre will tell you. You may want to contact a charity for help.

All the best,

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:51 am
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Miss-Suz » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:06 pm

FAMILY!!!!!!!
I have a good news oooooohhhhh !!!!
I have been granted SETTLED STATUS!!
I am shaking right now!

LULUBABY
Senior Member
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:33 pm
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by LULUBABY » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:10 pm

Miss-Suz wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:06 pm
FAMILY!!!!!!!
I have a good news oooooohhhhh !!!!
I have been granted SETTLED STATUS!!
I am shaking right now!
Oh My God !!!!!!! God is Faithful!!!!!!

LULUBABY
Senior Member
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:33 pm
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by LULUBABY » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:12 pm

Miss-Suz wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:06 pm
FAMILY!!!!!!!
I have a good news oooooohhhhh !!!!
I have been granted SETTLED STATUS!!
I am shaking right now!
Congratulations Miss Suz!!!!!!!!! Oh Finally!!!!!!!!

LULUBABY
Senior Member
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:33 pm
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by LULUBABY » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:13 pm

Miss-Suz wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:06 pm
FAMILY!!!!!!!
I have a good news oooooohhhhh !!!!
I have been granted SETTLED STATUS!!
I am shaking right now!
Did they send you an email?

kamlesh12
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:54 pm
India

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by kamlesh12 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:27 pm

Miss-Suz wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:06 pm
FAMILY!!!!!!!
I have a good news oooooohhhhh !!!!
I have been granted SETTLED STATUS!!
I am shaking right now!
Congratulations 🥳🥳🥳🥳but can you explain about background what visa you have when applied A to Z how long you wait please 🥳🥳🥳 again congratulations

kamlesh12
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:54 pm
India

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by kamlesh12 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:28 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:13 pm
Miss-Suz wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:06 pm
FAMILY!!!!!!!
I have a good news oooooohhhhh !!!!
I have been granted SETTLED STATUS!!
I am shaking right now!
Did they send you an email?

Congratulations 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳😘to you as well again but can explain about visa background and how long you wait

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:51 am
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Miss-Suz » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:30 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:10 pm
Miss-Suz wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:06 pm
FAMILY!!!!!!!
I have a good news oooooohhhhh !!!!
I have been granted SETTLED STATUS!!
I am shaking right now!
Oh My God !!!!!!! God is Faithful!!!!!!
He is indeed my sister 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:51 am
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Miss-Suz » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:31 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:12 pm
Miss-Suz wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:06 pm
FAMILY!!!!!!!
I have a good news oooooohhhhh !!!!
I have been granted SETTLED STATUS!!
I am shaking right now!
Congratulations Miss Suz!!!!!!!!! Oh Finally!!!!!!!!
Thank you soooooo much sis 🤗🤗🤗🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:51 am
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Miss-Suz » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:36 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:13 pm
Miss-Suz wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:06 pm
FAMILY!!!!!!!
I have a good news oooooohhhhh !!!!
I have been granted SETTLED STATUS!!
I am shaking right now!
Did they send you an email?
They didn’t,
I decided to call them this morning as I started to do it every 2 weeks.
And then after all security check the lady on the line asked me if I received an email from them in the last 2 days
Which I replied no as I did not. And she said she will double check something and come back to me. When she came back she said “ You have been granted indefinite leave to remain” I asked her 4 times to repeat it 😁😁😁 and started screaming, shouting, crying, everything you can imagine! I cried to her and told her she can’t realised my joy !
After the call I checked my online status to see that it was there “SETTLED STATUS “

An hour later I received my letter from the post with all my documents.

I am over the moon sis!!!!

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:51 am
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Miss-Suz » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:41 pm

Sis Lulubaby have you received your biometric card?
On the letter it says 10 working days from the day of the letter

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:51 am
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Miss-Suz » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:55 pm

kamlesh12 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:27 pm
Miss-Suz wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:06 pm
FAMILY!!!!!!!
I have a good news oooooohhhhh !!!!
I have been granted SETTLED STATUS!!
I am shaking right now!
Congratulations 🥳🥳🥳🥳but can you explain about background what visa you have when applied A to Z how long you wait please 🥳🥳🥳 again congratulations
Thank you so much. 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Been living in the Uk for 14 years now.
I previously had 5 years leave to remain (family member of an EEA) from 2011 to 2016.
Have been refused permanent residence card in 2016 then went on to several appeals till 2019.
Then decided to apply for leave to remain as a parent in May 2019 ( been a sole carer for my kids, their dad passed away back in 2017). A month later I applied for EUSS Zambrano (June 2019). In March 2020 HO asked me to choose one application. I decided to go ahead with the Zambrano application then HO refunded my fees for flrp.
18 months later my Zambrano was refused as HO said I should apply first for appendix fm. Which I refused and decided to appeal at the same time I applied for derivative residence card under EEA (Zambrano) that was in November 2020. This was also refused a month later for the same reason as explained above. I logged an appeal straight away.
In June 2021 I did a fresh new Zambrano application and here we are! It came successfully

I thank Almighty God for that
Last edited by Miss-Suz on Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lagosbos
Member
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:20 am

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Lagosbos » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:55 pm

Miss-Suz wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:06 pm
FAMILY!!!!!!!
I have a good news oooooohhhhh !!!!
I have been granted SETTLED STATUS!!
I am shaking right now!
Long overdue :D Congrats!!!

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:51 am
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Miss-Suz » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:59 pm

Lagosbos wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:55 pm
Miss-Suz wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:06 pm
FAMILY!!!!!!!
I have a good news oooooohhhhh !!!!
I have been granted SETTLED STATUS!!
I am shaking right now!
Long overdue :D Congrats!!!
I am telling you 😃 ! Thank you so much Lagosbos 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

CStone
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:55 pm

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by CStone » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:04 pm

Miss-Suz wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:06 pm
FAMILY!!!!!!!
I have a good news oooooohhhhh !!!!
I have been granted SETTLED STATUS!!
I am shaking right now!
Amazing Glory to God

Whyworry
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:36 pm
Nigeria

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Whyworry » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:06 pm

Congratulations Miss -Suz

I am so happy for you as you guys had fought a good fight. Enjoy your freedom.

CStone
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:55 pm

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by CStone » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:08 pm

Miss-Suz wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:55 pm
kamlesh12 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:27 pm
Miss-Suz wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:06 pm
FAMILY!!!!!!!
I have a good news oooooohhhhh !!!!
I have been granted SETTLED STATUS!!
I am shaking right now!
Congratulations 🥳🥳🥳🥳but can you explain about background what visa you have when applied A to Z how long you wait please 🥳🥳🥳 again congratulations
Thank you so much. 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Been living in the Uk for 14 years now.
I previously had 5 years leave to remain (family member of an EEA) from 2011 to 2016.
Have been refused permanent residence card in 2016 then went on to several appeals till 2019.
Then decided to apply for leave to remain as a parent in May 2019 ( been a sole carer for my kids, their dad passed away back in 2017). A month later I applied for EUSS Zambrano (June 2019). In March 2020 HO asked me to choose one application. I decided to go ahead with the Zambrano application then HO refunded my fees for flrp.
18 months later my Zambrano was refused as HO said I should apply first for appendix fm. Which I refused and decided to appeal at the same time I applied for derivative residence card under EEA (Zambrano) that was in November 2020. This was also refused a month later for the same reason as explained above. I logged an appeal straight away.
In June 2021 I did a fresh new Zambrano application and here we are! It came successfully

I thank Almighty God for that
it has been a journey :oops: :lol: :)

Lagosbos
Member
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:20 am

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Lagosbos » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:17 pm

Miss-Suz wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:59 pm
Lagosbos wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:55 pm
Miss-Suz wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:06 pm
FAMILY!!!!!!!
I have a good news oooooohhhhh !!!!
I have been granted SETTLED STATUS!!
I am shaking right now!
Long overdue :D Congrats!!!
I am telling you 😃 ! Thank you so much Lagosbos 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽
You are very welcome :D . I'm glad it all came through for you eventually. You should get your BRC sent to you as stated in the letter. In my case, I have had to apply for a replacement for free separately, as I was in possession of EEA residence card at the time of making my EUSS application.

KSplendide
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:03 am
Nigeria

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by KSplendide » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:49 pm

Miss-Suz wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:06 pm
FAMILY!!!!!!!
I have a good news oooooohhhhh !!!!
I have been granted SETTLED STATUS!!
I am shaking right now!
Congratulations 🥳🥳@Miss-Suz. Great news worth the long wait!!! You've fought a good fight and you are now Free. Praise God 🙏🏾
Now you can enjoy your studies in peace. Best wishes

Post Reply
cron