ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice from the experienced guys.......

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yogesh
Newly Registered

Advice from the experienced guys.......

Post by yogesh » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:21 pm

Hi..
This is yogesh malhotra, a process (chemical) engineer. I got the HSMP approval. I am going to apply for EC next month. Could you please give some suggestions about an effective job search including any good starting points.?

i have six years of experience in Oil and Gas.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:01 pm

Search on the forum regarding jobs for Chemical Engineers- it aint gonna be aeasy getting a job while overseas.

In the first instance, get your EC first and also search on the forum. You will be glad to know that one of our moderators, Mr/Mrs/Ms/Miss Kayalami is a Chemical Engineer so s/he may be able to assist
Where there is a will there is a way.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:47 pm

yogesh wrote:i have six years of experience in Oil and Gas.
What is your skill set and positioning - up/mid/down stream? Refer to a topic by a poster 'papafaith' where I gave some pointers on the UK Oil and Gas sector. Check too for a topic on general chemical engineering opportunities in the UK to 'b_kaskaran'.
Chess wrote:You will be glad to know that one of our moderators, Mr/Mrs/Ms/Miss Kayalami is a Chemical Engineer so s/he may be able to assist
This gender thing remains a long term forum puzzle :lol: - perhaps u can start a poll on it..I'll split the winnings with you 8).

yogesh
Newly Registered

My experience

Post by yogesh » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:37 am

My six years of experience is basically in process design related to Oil and Gas processing, Offshore platforms – Fixed and FPSOs’ (Floating Production Storage and Offloading system), Subsea pipelines and Risers and little bit of Refinery as well.

I have a good knowledge of Hysys, Pipesim2000, OLGA and flarenet.

yogesh
Newly Registered

My designation

Post by yogesh » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:44 am

Process engineer.

yogesh
Newly Registered

Re: Advice from the experienced guys.......

Post by yogesh » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:38 am

No advice so far. i am waiting

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:16 pm

yogesh wrote:No advice so far. i am waiting
It would be useful if you follow the advice I gave you regarding a search for posts on the same by other Chemical Engineers. It is easier to help one who has done some groundwork especially if it has been pointed out - I hope you understand.

yogesh
Newly Registered

Post by yogesh » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:36 pm

Kayalami wrote:
yogesh wrote:No advice so far. i am waiting
It would be useful if you follow the advice I gave you regarding a search for posts on the same by other Chemical Engineers. It is easier to help one who has done some groundwork especially if it has been pointed out - I hope you understand.
thanks a lot. i have already seen your mentioned two sites i.e Institution of Chem. Engineers & Thomas Telford and registration as well. I hope you can understand the impatience when a man is going through complex situations of decision making to secure his/her future.

Anyways, Thanks a lot.