ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help desk and technical support

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gismanchester

help desk and technical support

Post by gismanchester » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:05 pm

i am looking for a start up level job in IT / Help desk / first line support. i have some previous experience and completed comptia Network Plus certification last month.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: help desk and technical support

Post by Wanderer » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:16 pm

It's all offshored Mate - try India!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

HelpMe753869
Newly Registered

Post by HelpMe753869 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:37 pm

gismanchester wrote:i am looking for a start up level job in IT / Help desk / first line support. i have some previous experience and completed comptia Network Plus certification last month.
Wanderer, you have mis-understood IT support with Customer care.
IT Support is Engineers creating, maintaining and supporting IT Infrastructure. which isn't offshore.

I'm a qualified IT Support Engineer with 5+ years of Enterprise level Support.
What are you after?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:42 pm

HelpMe753869 wrote:
gismanchester wrote:i am looking for a start up level job in IT / Help desk / first line support. i have some previous experience and completed comptia Network Plus certification last month.
Wanderer, you have mis-understood IT support with Customer care.
IT Support is Engineers creating, maintaining and supporting IT Infrastructure. which isn't offshore.

I'm a qualified IT Support Engineer with 5+ years of Enterprise level Support.
What are you after?
It is at my level - 20+ years of Unix design and build...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

HelpMe753869
Newly Registered

Post by HelpMe753869 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:55 pm

Oh. My apologies for jumping into conclusions too quickly and if that offended you. It wasn't my intention to do so.
I wonder what makes you think IT Support has moved offshores though. Any british company or ones especially with its hub in UK will always have their core IT infrastructure here in UK...or that has always been my understanding...if GisManchester is contemplating to start a business, i think he is talking about targeting SMBs and smaller companies who are absolutely local with their infrastructure.

GisManchester, you have 1 expert (who you'd need to convince to get support) and 1 with some working level knowledge (i've similar aspirations to start similar business if i could)...though i may burn out of this scenario soon, wanderer is going to be around.