ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How is the UK IT job market now?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

stitaprajna

How is the UK IT job market now?

Post by stitaprajna » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:36 pm

Hi All,

How is the UK IT job market ? Also, for Java, J2EE developers with 10+ years of enterprise web application design, development ?

I see lot of vacancies listed in UK job sites. Are they real or they are playing with poor job seekers ?

Can we search for UK jobs from India ?

Are there any indian IT companies looking for people with UK visa ? This is not there in any indian job portals.

I know I am asking too many questions but everyone in my situation is probably looking for these answers.

Please post your opinions, suggestions.
Many Thanks,
Stit

varghesejim
India

Re: How is the UK IT job market now?

Post by varghesejim » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:54 pm

stitaprajna wrote:Hi All,

How is the UK IT job market ? Also, for Java, J2EE developers with 10+ years of enterprise web application design, development ?

I see lot of vacancies listed in UK job sites. Are they real or they are playing with poor job seekers ?

Can we search for UK jobs from India ?

Are there any indian IT companies looking for people with UK visa ? This is not there in any indian job portals.

I know I am asking too many questions but everyone in my situation is probably looking for these answers.

Please post your opinions, suggestions.
Job market is tough.However, there are openings for your profile. You have to come to UK and apply, it is very difficult to apply from elsewhere and get a job.

If you have a valid visa, don't look at the job market. The job market was bad for the past 4 years (except a 6 months period in between). All the time numerous people got jobs in IT sector.

Just leave the "poor job seeker" attitude back there :-). This is a mistake I have done myself. Confidence is a key factor which will land you in a job.

stitaprajna

Post by stitaprajna » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:28 pm

Thank you varghesejim for the explanation.

I am trying to be a realistic and be prepared about the situation there.

By the I did not understand the "poor job seeker attitude" comment.
varghesejim wrote:
stitaprajna wrote:Hi All,
Just leave the "poor job seeker" attitude back there :-). This is a mistake I have done myself. Confidence is a key factor which will land you in a job.
Many Thanks,
Stit

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:53 am

stitaprajna wrote: By the I did not understand the "poor job seeker attitude" comment.
What I meant to say is to be confident. A defensive position is not good at the time of job search/interview. We are not at the mercy of somebody to give us a job. If you convince the inter viewer that you have the skills to be valuable in an organization he/she will take you. Nobody can come between you and employment if you have the skills. Don't worry too much about non genuine ads(there are non genuine ads!), it is just a nuisance at best.