Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

How to sponsor employee from overseas?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:19 pm

How to sponsor employee from overseas?

Post by businessmanuk » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:25 am

I am looking in to different options to hire skilled employees from overseas and need help if someone can give basic guidance to start with. How much salary I need to offer in order to sponsor someone from overseas? What kind of jobs should it be or can it be any job?

User avatar
Posts: 79103
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
South Africa

Re: How to sponsor employee from overseas?

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:17 am

To sponsor someone for a visa to work in the UK you need a tier 2 sponsor licence first.

You then need to do the resident labour market test to prove to the home office that no one in the UK is suitable for the job.

What is the job the person would be doing?

Are they related to you?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.