ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is SC Clearance available to tier 4 dependant?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ashkan
Newly Registered
Mood:

Is SC Clearance available to tier 4 dependant?

Post by Ashkan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:46 pm

I have been offered a job interview and the job requires SC clearance but the company is concerned that I wont be able to do that because I am no brit and on a dependant visa. They say they need 5 years history in the uk. I have lived in the uk for 9 years!

Any how, they say until they know i can apply and pass this test they wont offer me the job.

Does anybody know where I can get more info regarding this issue?

Thank you

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Is SC Clearance available to tier 4 dependant?

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:22 am

Generally you need ILR at least, so I don't think you've any chance really.

You can't know anything until you apply, the SC process is not noted for it's visibility for obvious reasons. Just be totally honest as anything that doesn't stack up or you've not mentioned will get found out.

Having said that I doubt you'll get it.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

cstylishsam
Mood:
India

Re: Is SC Clearance available to tier 4 dependant?

Post by cstylishsam » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:23 pm

Ashkan wrote:I have been offered a job interview and the job requires SC clearance but the company is concerned that I wont be able to do that because I am no brit and on a dependant visa. They say they need 5 years history in the uk. I have lived in the uk for 9 years!

Any how, they say until they know i can apply and pass this test they wont offer me the job.

Does anybody know where I can get more info regarding this issue?

Thank you
IMHO if you can show your 5 years history in UK that will be enough to get you through SC clearance. I know of friends who were given clearance without ILR