ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Interviews getting difficult

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

coolwind

Job Interviews getting difficult

Post by coolwind » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:36 pm

Hi All,

I am a software developer and I have recently been interviewing for a new job but I am finding that job interviews have become very difficult now. Most of the interviewers that I have come across have a hostile attitude .They will ask questions that are completely different from my skill set or ask me to solve problems which are unrealistic. It seems like they want me to perform badly in the interview. Also , most of the questions asked have nothing to do with the job.

Has anyone else faced this problem? Any good ideas on how to tackle such interviews?

O_Relly

Re: Job Interviews getting difficult

Post by O_Relly » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:44 pm

Hi,

The industry is getting competitive and recruiters and companies want to ensure they get the right candidates. There is a cost involved to the company, agency, time spent, recruiting a candidate.

If they have taken the pains to bring you in for a face to face, it is highly unlikely they would do it intentionally (ie., being hostile or want you to perform badly) as it is a complete waste of their valuable time (and so is yours).

Sometimes unrealistic questions or vague questions are there to see your though process towards solving a problem, or to examine your questioning / reasoning process.

I think it is perfectly OK to let them know that it is an unsolvable problem or a unrealistic situation.

Job hunting is always a mixed bag if you are looking in the open market. Be patient and keep at it. Good luck.

Cheers,
OR
Cheers,
OR

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Re: Job Interviews getting difficult

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:44 am

O_Relly wrote:Hi,

The industry is getting competitive and recruiters and companies want to ensure they get the right candidates. There is a cost involved to the company, agency, time spent, recruiting a candidate.

If they have taken the pains to bring you in for a face to face, it is highly unlikely they would do it intentionally (ie., being hostile or want you to perform badly) as it is a complete waste of their valuable time (and so is yours).

Sometimes unrealistic questions or vague questions are there to see your though process towards solving a problem, or to examine your questioning / reasoning process.

I think it is perfectly OK to let them know that it is an unsolvable problem or a unrealistic situation.

Job hunting is always a mixed bag if you are looking in the open market. Be patient and keep at it. Good luck.

Cheers,
OR
I agree, great advice. Job hunting can be a very tough time and can be disheartening to say the least. Sometimes employers do ask a tough/unreasonable question or problem just to guage how the person reacts to it.