Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC approved universities

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:48 am

NARIC approved universities

Post by Kuriana » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:06 am

I currently work at a British school in dubai. I’ve been teaching for 16 years.
I did my teacher training in India. I have only ever taught in British schools. 11 years of my teaching experience has been in Dubai in British schools run by Heads from the UK.
I hold a bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts (University of Madras) and a Teacher training degree, BEd (ICFAI University)
Both these universities are included by NARIC under the approved universities of India.

Does this mean that I would be eligible to teach in the UK? Is there a way I could get a printout from NARIC that states that my universities are approved by them?
How do I go about this?

Thank you for your help.

Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:47 am

Re: NARIC approved universities

Post by Surfeit » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:54 pm

To teach in the UK you need QTS (Qualified Teacher Status). This can be done in several ways that you can look up online.

My understanding is that NARIC is to certify you can speak English at an acceptable level, and it does not qualify you for QTS in the UK. To prove you are able to teach you could use your current teaching credentials, but I'm sure it would not be NARIC that ratifies those credentials for you.