ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Deal Card Rail Card?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sajidzaidi

New Deal Card Rail Card?

Post by sajidzaidi » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:32 am

My HSMP reads that i have no recourse to Public Funds.

when i move to UK. will i be allowed to utilize facilities like the New deals Rail card which allow upto 50% off on rail travel for jobless persons?

what other similar facilities and deals are available that i can utilize as an HSMP.

Regards

John

Post by John » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:58 am

Why are you talking about HSMP? Your visa was issued some time ago? Or do you really mean Tier 1 (General)?

Anyway, you need to appreciate that New Deal is for those that have been long-term unemployed in the UK, so as you will not be qualified to use New Deal, neither will you be qualified to get a New Deal Railcard.
John

*FC*
Member of Standing

Re: New Deal Card Rail Card?

Post by *FC* » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:41 am

sajidzaidi wrote:My HSMP reads that i have no recourse to Public Funds.

when i move to UK. will i be allowed to utilize facilities like the New deals Rail card which allow upto 50% off on rail travel for jobless persons?

what other similar facilities and deals are available that i can utilize as an HSMP.

Regards
You cannot have recourse to public funds. The only few "deals" are NHS, Single person council tax discount. I certainly think that the 50% off for Jobless persons is a benefit which is from Public funds.

John

Post by John » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:10 am

I certainly think that the 50% off for Jobless persons is a benefit which is from Public funds.
It is not within the definition of Public Funds, as in para 6 of the Immigration Rules. But that is irrelevant, because he does not qualify anyway.
John

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:59 pm

UK is a great country but unfortunately you know things have gone really wrong somewhere when we have highly skilled immigrants thinking of claiming benefits on their list of things when they come over here.....mind you, the very same goes for EU nationals as well, where more than available jobs, they tend to hunt for all possible means of claiming benefits 'just in case' they dont GET jobs :shock:

Tsk....tsk...oh who will save this country now???

KP

sachin_4646

Post by sachin_4646 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:06 am

I totally agree with you kenfrapin.

sajidzaidi

Post by sajidzaidi » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:45 am

i dont understand. If i get a job, i really dont care for the benefits but the logical thing to do is to prepare for if things go wrong

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:35 pm

Hey Sajidzaidi

I am in NO WAY pointing a finger at you or your question posted. If I were you, I too would ask this as the govt policies allow us to do so.

I am pointing all my fingers at the UK Govt, thats all. They have totally lost the plot. I have seen so many teenage EU girls coming to the UK, then having 2 to 3 kids only to live on the UK Govt benefits plan - isnt that horrible? Also shows how badly formed the entire benefits policies are here - so many freaking loop holes, any fool can mis-use them.

You are right in asking this question and again, nothing against you.
All the best
KP