Where do you get these figures from and which industries do they apply to, because that seems like a gross generalisation to me. Also, does the "remaining" 60% include internal hires and referrals or actual hires from outside?nshar1 wrote: I would suggest that you do your research before advising people. Recruiters account for less than 40% of all recruitment in UK. Do you want people to loose out on the remaining 60%
I saw some statistics the other day regarding the number of IT positions filled by recruitment agents vs direct hires and whilst I cannot remember the exact figures, your statement does not support this whatsoever. The article explained that if you basically remove internal hires and referrals from the equation, you are left with pure "recruitment vs direct hire" figures and this was closer to a 90 / 10 split in favour of recruitment. Often "new position" figures include internal hires which skew the figures as it is not clear then that this position would have never even hit the public domain.