ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Offering job to Chinese student graduate

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seasky
BANNED

Offering job to Chinese student graduate

Post by seasky » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:14 pm

Sorry if I am posting in the wrong place. We offered a few month internship to a chinese graduate (master of marketing) she studyed here in the UK.

She is great and we want to offer here a full time job but her visa (I guess the trail end of her student visa) runs out in February.

We are not a large company. Is there an easy way to get her a Visa so we may offer her a job.

My understanding is that we have to get a licence, advertise the job, have an enquiry by Immigration, make sure she has the right skills, etc, this seems onerous for the size of the company we are. Since we kow her well are there shortcuts?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:51 pm

No, you follow the sponsorship registration and migrant sponsorship requirements as defined. The UKBA site has all the relevant information; much more than you can be given here by interested readers of your post.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:15 pm

Lucapooka wrote:No, you follow the sponsorship registration and migrant sponsorship requirements as defined. The UKBA site has all the relevant information; much more than you can be given here by interested readers of your post.
Thanks Luca,

The UKBA website in general including the section "HOW DO I SPONSOR A MIGRANT WORKER?" is extremely daunting and unintuative. (if it wasn't this board would have much less traffic)

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:44 pm

That's because the sponsor side of the equation is geared towards professional entities, perhaps even with a dedicated person versed in Human Resources. Otherwise, a small entity can seek outside professional assistance. Some business disbursements are unavoidable and can be attributed to the cost of doing business. As a business, I am sure you approach your various responsibilities accordingly, perhaps using professional accounting personnel or accountancy services for your mandatory tax reporting etc. You really should be thinking along the same lines if you expect to have any success with this endeavour.

seasky
BANNED

Post by seasky » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:03 pm

Lucapooka wrote:That's because the sponsor side of the equation is geared towards professional entities, perhaps even with a dedicated person versed in Human Resources. Otherwise, a small entity can seek outside professional assistance. Some business disbursements are unavoidable and can be attributed to the cost of doing business. As a business, I am sure you approach your various responsibilities accordingly, perhaps using professional accounting personnel or accountancy services for your mandatory tax reporting etc. You really should be thinking along the same lines if you expect to have any success with this endeavour.
So there are consultants who can lead us through the process, are there lists and reccomendations on this board?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:23 pm

Yes, on this site and others. If you are the same person who has posted using this profile about T1 (Ent), and are a new and small entity, it's very unlikely that you can get a sponsor licence. In addition to this, if she does not qualify for T4 switching you may not be able to justify the need for a Chinese marketing director unless that person has a unique skill set that is not available in the resident labour pool. You don't have to elaborate on your private matters here, but I just wanted to let you know the facts of the matter in the majority of circumstances.