ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of address requested?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pyke

Proof of address requested?

Post by pyke » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:35 pm

When proof of address is requested by prospective employers in the U.K. for security clearance, such as utility bills or banks statement, what should I do when I do not have them? I have recently arrived and am bunking in with a friend and hence do not have the proof required. Will that indicate a security clearance failure?

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Proof of address requested?

Post by gotcha » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:43 pm

pyke wrote:When proof of address is requested by prospective employers in the U.K. for security clearance, such as utility bills or banks statement, what should I do when I do not have them? I have recently arrived and am bunking in with a friend and hence do not have the proof required. Will that indicate a security clearance failure?
IMO, security clearance requires min no of residence in UK. If you have arrived recently, I'm not sure, if you are candidate for SC.

pyke

Post by pyke » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:57 pm

Seriously? What's the minimum period of residency required? Should I tell them and risk my chances then?

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:07 pm

pyke wrote:Seriously? What's the minimum period of residency required? Should I tell them and risk my chances then?
I cannot find any official. But, this http://www.securityclearedjobs.com/how_ ... leared.asp
link has information.

pyke

Post by pyke » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:12 pm

Thanks, that looks like a higher level of security clearance though. They're basically conducting pre-employment security screening. Is that routinely carried out in the U.K.?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:27 pm

pyke wrote:Thanks, that looks like a higher level of security clearance though. They're basically conducting pre-employment security screening. Is that routinely carried out in the U.K.?
Would the be disclosure? CRB check? Everyone wants that now.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

pyke

Post by pyke » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:42 pm

CRB?

They're checking proof of residence, eligibility to work, employment history and qualifications. Pretty much that.

I suppose that's the norm? I'll tell them that I've recently arrived. Should be acceptable, I hope?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:47 pm

pyke wrote:CRB?

They're checking proof of residence, eligibility to work, employment history and qualifications. Pretty much that.

I suppose that's the norm? I'll tell them that I've recently arrived. Should be acceptable, I hope?
Criminal Records Bureau. They will check in ur home country too.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....