ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof right to work with British passport

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Proof right to work with British passport

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:52 am

Hello
I’m British citizen and I have British passport I gave it to my employer month a go to have a photo copy for it
Yesterday I had meeting with HR for proof right to work in uk after Brexit she went ahead with the meeting ignored my British passport I have told her I have passport and you got copy of it but she still wanted to proof my right to work using website with my settled status is that normal ? I didn’t know what to say or do at that time! Your opinions matter
Thank you 🙏

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Proof right to work with British passport

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:47 am

Your British passport and naturalisation certificate is proof of your right to work. They need to see original documents.

Why on earth did you bring in the settled status issue? A completely unnecessary complication.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:47 am
Your British passport and naturalisation certificate is proof of your right to work. They need to see original documents.

Why on earth did you bring in the settled status issue? A completely unnecessary complication.
Not me it’s at the company I’m working with I have told them I have the passport and they was still keep going on settled status 😖

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:59 pm

Present your naturalisation cert and British passport and explain you don't need a visa or ilr status to be allowed to work. Your British citizenship proves your right to live and work without any restriction.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.