ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAP Jobs in UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jobhunter
Newly Registered

SAP Jobs in UK

Post by Jobhunter » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi all,
How is the SAP market especially BW in UK. Any one recently got any jobs in SAP.Is there any institute in UK,where they give placement if we are taking SAP course .
..Please share your inputs ...

Thanks
JH

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: SAP Jobs in UK

Post by Wanderer » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:55 pm

Jobhunter wrote:Hi all,
How is the SAP market especially BW in UK. Any one recently got any jobs in SAP.Is there any institute in UK,where they give placement if we are taking SAP course .

Thanks
JH
Feck me doesn't anyone know how to search anymore! Some of these people are clueless, I wouldn't let them near my systems if they show this much aptitude.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:20 pm

Thanks
JH
Sure buddy, there are a million institutes here waiting for Tier 1 candidates to come over, spend 6 months on a course and give you a top job after you get a 'Certificate' on course completion :shock:

So pack your bags, dont bother searching the market, just come here and join a SAP course. All the people here do just that and so all the companies here are employees who have done such courses and been given jobs by such institutes!!!

Oh, what would we have done if it werent for such institutes to train and place us in jobs that pay us over £100k without even going into office every day :lol:

All the best - you are the star of the year friend
KP

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:30 am

kenfrapin wrote:

Thanks
JH
Sure buddy, there are a million institutes here waiting for Tier 1 candidates to come over, spend 6 months on a course and give you a top job after you get a 'Certificate' on course completion :shock:

So pack your bags, dont bother searching the market, just come here and join a SAP course. All the people here do just that and so all the companies here are employees who have done such courses and been given jobs by such institutes!!!

Oh, what would we have done if it werent for such institutes to train and place us in jobs that pay us over £100k without even going into office every day :lol:

KP
Ken you Liar :evil: After my SAP course, I got a job and it only pays me £90K :cry: And I go into office twice a week :evil:

Jobhunter
Newly Registered

Post by Jobhunter » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:04 pm

KP[/quote]

Ken,
I don’t want to join into any sap course to waste my time.i am out of frustration asking you all that anything missed out in my job search.
If you don’t have any inputs .please better dont reply .

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:28 pm

Jobhunter wrote: Ken,
I don’t want to join into any sap course to waste my time.i am out of frustration asking you all that anything missed out in my job search.
If you don’t have any inputs .please better dont reply .
Maybe if you posted this in the first instance you would have got a better response. Rule number 1 when working or living in the UK - Dont ASSUME anything.
Ask a clear cut question backed up by some proper information on WHY you are asking the question. Tell the forum what you have already done, what's your status now and what you are looking for when you post your question.

My response to your First question is spot on - ask a silly or incomplete question and expect the very same reply from everyone here. And I hope you articulate your thoughts and experience better than the way you post your queries on this board.

KP

Jobhunter
Newly Registered

Post by Jobhunter » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:47 pm

I do apologize for being a bit grumpy, Ken. Seriously, it was just out of frustation. I never assumed that job hunting here is going to be a walk in the park. The bottom line is UK experience though I keep getting a decent number of calls from genuine head-hunters.

Just wanted to know how other consultants think about SAP jobs in london. Any kind of internship's that would help?

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:25 pm

There are many SAP BW jobs in UK but these jobs demands highly experienced persons. I do not want to disappoint you, but if you do not have experience in it and thinking of getting job on the basis of training, I do not think that will help much. Do not spend your money on these trainings.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:08 pm

rohitktm wrote:There are many SAP BW jobs in UK but these jobs demands highly experienced persons. I do not want to disappoint you, but if you do not have experience in it and thinking of getting job on the basis of training, I do not think that will help much. Do not spend your money on these trainings.
Yeah UK employers traditionally prefer experience over qualifications, and can see right through a piece of paper saying abc is skilled in xyz etc.

I've had certified Solaris guys applying for jobs, several of whom had never actually seen or even logged onto a real Solaris box - you see it all the time on t'interweb, folks asking for the current exam questions, the exam books in pdf form, tantamount to cheating. Luckily here in the UK it's 'what have you DONE?' not 'show me your degrees and certificates'. I have a degree, lost the certificate years ago, no-one's ever asked for it.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:34 pm

Let's get one thing straight - The Concept of internships is ONLY for fresh grads....anyone with even over a year's experience trying for grad positions or internships wont even be considered for an application...so dont even bother..

If you have any experience or graduated over a year or more before, you wont be considered a grad...if you have secured the Tier 1 visa, then all you can do is prove your are experienced and merit a job in this market.....anything else, then best stay where you are at the moment and do well in your current role...forget the UK and dont bank on your chances here for any internships.....thats life, and you need to accept that...PERIOD!!!!
KP

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:47 am

Jobhunter wrote: Seriously, it was just out of frustration..... The bottom line is UK experience though I keep getting a decent number of calls from genuine head-hunters.
Just hang in there and keep applying for roles. The more you interview, the better your odds get so just hang on tight and dont give up. Attend 50 or 100 interviews and you will get a job offer once atleast which is like 1% success rate which anyone can get.

There is no truth in UK experience - thats the easiest reason they give to reject a candidate as its an obvious thing. When Tier 1s are issued, it is meant for outsiders to enter the UK and get roles so many, if not most, candidates will come in with non - UK experience. I know its tough but thats not the biggest reason for not getting a job.

The key thing is to not panic or get an anxiety attack and think of crazy alternatives. If money is your concern, just apply for simple part time roles to earn something as that will make you feel better. But you need PATIENCE and you will feel you are wasting your money but, in the end, thats the price everyone pays for finally getting a job and getting started on their career and life in the UK

Bheema

Post by Bheema » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:11 pm

kenfrapin wrote:
Jobhunter wrote: Seriously, it was just out of frustration..... The bottom line is UK experience though I keep getting a decent number of calls from genuine head-hunters.
Just hang in there and keep applying for roles. The more you interview, the better your odds get so just hang on tight and dont give up. Attend 50 or 100 interviews and you will get a job offer once atleast which is like 1% success rate which anyone can get.

There is no truth in UK experience - thats the easiest reason they give to reject a candidate as its an obvious thing. When Tier 1s are issued, it is meant for outsiders to enter the UK and get roles so many, if not most, candidates will come in with non - UK experience. I know its tough but thats not the biggest reason for not getting a job.

The key thing is to not panic or get an anxiety attack and think of crazy alternatives. If money is your concern, just apply for simple part time roles to earn something as that will make you feel better. But you need PATIENCE and you will feel you are wasting your money but, in the end, thats the price everyone pays for finally getting a job and getting started on their career and life in the UK

Hi,

I`m working in Life Sciences last 6 years and looking for a career change in SAP..I want to learn BI/BW OR MM. Can you please advise me which one is better and easy to learn and helps me to get into job. Can you please also recommend any coaching center in London.

Thanks

livcyxingfoee
BANNED

Post by livcyxingfoee » Sat May 18, 2013 7:42 am

SPAM

yuanxiao
Newly Registered

Post by yuanxiao » Wed May 29, 2013 5:30 am

All the best - you are the star of the year friend :oops:

yakfurinnaaa
Newly Registered

Post by yakfurinnaaa » Tue May 16, 2017 1:12 am

I wish them well and would recommend xxxxxx to anyone who has dreamt of getting into SAP career and looking for THAT stepping stone. xxxxxx is a leading SAP training provider in London and highest certification pass rate with many students getting 100% marks. They are the pioneers in starting SAP internships in UK.. When it comes to SAP Training xxxxxxx offer the complete package – Experienced tutors offer a wealth of knowledge transferred to trainees in a digestible format covering the theory and configuration Experienced Project

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 16, 2017 4:55 pm

yakfurinnaaa wrote:I wish them well and would recommend xxxxxx to anyone who has dreamt of getting into SAP career and looking for THAT stepping stone. xxxxxx is a leading SAP training provider in London and highest certification pass rate with many students getting 100% marks. They are the pioneers in starting SAP internships in UK.. When it comes to SAP Training xxxxxxx offer the complete package – Experienced tutors offer a wealth of knowledge transferred to trainees in a digestible format covering the theory and configuration Experienced Project
Kindly refrain from naming companies on the forum and also please do not dig up old topics from 2010 and 2013. Suggest read the forum rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue May 16, 2017 5:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
yakfurinnaaa wrote:I wish them well and would recommend xxxxxx to anyone who has dreamt of getting into SAP career and looking for THAT stepping stone. xxxxxx is a leading SAP training provider in London and highest certification pass rate with many students getting 100% marks. They are the pioneers in starting SAP internships in UK.. When it comes to SAP Training xxxxxxx offer the complete package – Experienced tutors offer a wealth of knowledge transferred to trainees in a digestible format covering the theory and configuration Experienced Project
Kindly refrain from naming companies on the forum and also please do not dig up old topics from 2010 and 2013. Suggest read the forum rules.
Hmm. Even more so when a member promotes their own company in their first post on the forum :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.