ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Software Testing Jobs

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

robinroxy123
Newly Registered

Software Testing Jobs

Post by robinroxy123 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:06 am

Hi
I have recently got my Tier 1 Visa which will be valid from March 2010.
I am an IT professional in Software testing profile with 5 years of experience. I have some queries, if someone can address these, i know these are generic one, but answers may give me some ideas to plan things in best possible ways.
Would anyone know how much is the probabilty and possibility of getting jobs in sorftware testing?
What are the best places(City) that a person should think of coming in UK to start with software testing carrier?
What is the pay scale that a 5 year experinced person can expect in Software testing job?
How much salary is considered to be good in UK for a person who has a family of 3 members, and single person is earning?

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Software Testing Jobs

Post by Wanderer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:17 am

robinroxy123 wrote:Hi
I am an IT professional in Software testing profile with 5 years of experience. I have some queries, if someone can address these, i know these are generic one, but answers may give me some ideas to plan things in best possible ways.
Would anyone know how much is the probabilty and possibility of getting jobs in sorftware testing?
What are the best places(City) that a person should think of coming in UK to start with software testing carrier?
What is the pay scale that a 5 year experinced person can expect in Software testing job?
How much salary is considered to be good in UK for a person who has a family of 3 members, and single person is earning?

Thanks
Suggest ur read this sub-forum, doubt u'll get any non-sarcastic answers as you must be the 50th person to ask this in the last three months....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

herts
Member of Standing

when are you planning to come to UK

Post by herts » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:36 am

Hi robin,
I live in letchworth, hertfordshire I have a 1bhk flat, after april 2010 i will need a flatmate till november 2010, i have telephone line, tv and broadband, let me know your thoughts.
Regards
herts

ghulbhai

Post by ghulbhai » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:01 pm

Very few exists now. Not specific to testing. But overall IT.

Depends on your experience. The city (london) has lot of financial interests. So one can hope to find finance/investment background testing jobs. Provided there are jobs.

£30k

£45k - will be just enough to make all ends meet if you have a family of 3. And of course you wont have any savings left.

sujyo

Post by sujyo » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:01 pm

Are you a functional or a non functional tester.......

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:20 am

Thanks
Firstly as suggested by members all over this forum please try and come out with specifics of your own to help the members understand your profile before giving you answers that might actually help. For eg:Number of years of experience, what kind of role you are looking for, What is your area of expertise like functional manual or automation, non-functional testing like performance, accessibility, OAT etc, tools that you have worked on like QTP, selenium , Loadrunner, Jmeter, QC etc....., Are there any domains that you are targetting at like banking, telecom, retail, healthcare etc in which you think you are good at from an End to end perspective. All these details will fetch you answers which might be really useful to you for planning.

Now to your generic questions so definitely the answers wil be even more generic:

1) Would anyone know how much is the probabilty and possibility of getting jobs in sorftware testing?
The better you are(in comparison to other applicants for the job) the better is the probability & possibility.IMO, In general the market is picking up but has not yet gone full throttle so you have to start applying jobs and test the water yourself as to how many calls you get and how relevant that is to your profile.

2) What are the best places(City) that a person should think of coming in UK to start with software testing carrier?
IMO , London is where you start off with.

3) What is the pay scale that a 5 year experinced person can expect in Software testing job?
Avg salary can range between 30k-35K. It also dpends on the skillset of the applicant where the salaries can be higher than 35 K for a niche skillset.

4) How much salary is considered to be good in UK for a person who has a family of 3 members, and single person is earning?
Again it depends on what you spend on, your lifestyle, luxuries, where you live(in or outside london) and of course other personal factors like savings, sending money to your family back home etc etc. So in some cases 40 k might be good in some cases 50K might not be enough....

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:29 pm

aspirant99 wrote:

Thanks
Firstly as suggested by members all over this forum please try and come out with specifics of your own to help the members understand your profile before giving you answers that might actually help. For eg:Number of years of experience, what kind of role you are looking for, What is your area of expertise like functional manual or automation, non-functional testing like performance, accessibility, OAT etc, tools that you have worked on like QTP, selenium , Loadrunner, Jmeter, QC etc....., Are there any domains that you are targetting at like banking, telecom, retail, healthcare etc in which you think you are good at from an End to end perspective. All these details will fetch you answers which might be really useful to you for planning.

Now to your generic questions so definitely the answers wil be even more generic:

1) Would anyone know how much is the probabilty and possibility of getting jobs in sorftware testing?
The better you are(in comparison to other applicants for the job) the better is the probability & possibility.IMO, In general the market is picking up but has not yet gone full throttle so you have to start applying jobs and test the water yourself as to how many calls you get and how relevant that is to your profile.

2) What are the best places(City) that a person should think of coming in UK to start with software testing carrier?

3) What is the pay scale that a 5 year experinced person can expect in Software testing job?
Avg salary can range between 30k-35K. It also dpends on the skillset of the applicant where the salaries can be higher than 35 K for a niche skillset.

4) How much salary is considered to be good in UK for a person who has a family of 3 members, and single person is earning?
Again it depends on what you spend on, your lifestyle, luxuries, where you live(in or outside london) and of course other personal factors like savings, sending money to your family back home etc etc. So in some cases 40 k might be good in some cases 50K might not be enough....
Just for your kind information, This was December 2009 thread / post. you could post as a new one though for suggestions.
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:31 pm

indianinworld wrote:
aspirant99 wrote:

Thanks

Just for your kind information, This was December 2009 thread / post. you could post as a new one though for suggestions.
My bad then... ;-)..Neways might be good for someone who would have the same question...