ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Taking an overseas partime job

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mksoi

Taking an overseas partime job

Post by mksoi » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:30 pm

Hi there,

I am on a full time employment on tier 2 basis. I have got an overseas part-time none-permanent job which is not going to exceed 20 hours per week. This is going to contribute to my ILR expenses and I am really in need to take this opportunity.

According to this link (https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/second-job), I am eligible to take a second job if it is in the same occupation code and at the same level as my main job.

I am a lecturer at a University, and the job offer is a research assistant. Both of them are a PhD level job, however, how can I match the occupation code as far as the job is not in the UK?

Will I be able to legally take this opportunity?

I have already informed my manager about it and he is OK with it. I will inform HMRC about any income to be taxed as well. I just need your advice from the VISA-side perspective. Am I eligible to take this part-time temporal job?

Best wishes