Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Taking an overseas partime job

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:10 am

Taking an overseas partime job

Post by mksoi » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:30 pm

Hi there,

I am on a full time employment on tier 2 basis. I have got an overseas part-time none-permanent job which is not going to exceed 20 hours per week. This is going to contribute to my ILR expenses and I am really in need to take this opportunity.

According to this link (, I am eligible to take a second job if it is in the same occupation code and at the same level as my main job.

I am a lecturer at a University, and the job offer is a research assistant. Both of them are a PhD level job, however, how can I match the occupation code as far as the job is not in the UK?

Will I be able to legally take this opportunity?

I have already informed my manager about it and he is OK with it. I will inform HMRC about any income to be taxed as well. I just need your advice from the VISA-side perspective. Am I eligible to take this part-time temporal job?

Best wishes