ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Those Who seek or secured jobs in C++ please update

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tier1Guy
Newly Registered

Those Who seek or secured jobs in C++ please update

Post by Tier1Guy » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:03 am

Hi Friends,

I thought to start this thread for those who are seeking jobs on C++.
please update this thread, if you are looking for or secured a job in C++.

please give the following information

1. When you landed in the UK
2. Your sub domain in C++
(i.e -
a) C++ on unix/linux
b) MFC
etc.
3. Your industry (Trading systems, Banking, etc.)
4. Current job situation (employed or in job search) - If employed when
5. The salary (if you got a job and if you like to share)
6. Any experience in the job search, that you'd like to share

I am a software Engineer in C++ on unix/linux with over 6 years experience in developing trading systems (stock exchanges).
Currently I am thinking of migrating to UK.
please provide your corporation by updating this thread.

Thanks in advance

ghulbhai

Post by ghulbhai » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:11 pm

Please dont even think of going to UK. I tried C/C++ jobs for 6 months and lost so many lakhs of rupees. Please if you have a job in India, lets work here. Atleast in our country we have something to look for.

Sorry - if you have an offer go, else dont go.

Tier1Guy
Newly Registered

Which domain are you from and how much experience

Post by Tier1Guy » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:45 am

Thanks friend,

In Which domain do you have the C++ experience and how many years ?

I have over six years of experience in C++ on linux and sql in developping trading systems with domain experience.

Don't you think this experience along with domain knowledge would give me a chance to land in a job.

By the way, I see lot of openings being posted in this finacial market area (C++ on unix for developping trading systems) on job sites.

Can't I judge the market by this? Please shed me some light.

Any one else who have experienced C++ job search please update

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:33 pm

Tier1Guy,

I am a C++/MFC candidate and will be applying for the Visa next Monday.I also did a good amount of job market analysis and it is a mixed bag now. There are openings for C++ but not as before.Rest is upto you, your caliber and luck will be the deciding factors.
If you are in the top paid band for your experience in your country, I will say wait for sometime and watch the market.Basically you need a network of people from whom you can get information rather than jobsites.
I know a couple of people who got job in November and December 2008 in C++ .Dont have the recent information though.

sashi1979

Post by sashi1979 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:13 pm

The C++ market is fake. I find some jobs - when you apply, its all for the database. I mean your applications only go to database and nothing else.

I wish I had not resigned my job in India and come here. The last 6 months has been awful and the next 6 months is going to be equally bad.

I think the IT Project Managers, C++ / C# .Net market is the worst hit. All job ads are fake I would say. And if you go to a website which rhymes like the read in Reading.. it tells how many applications have been made for each job.

You can find minimum 50 applications for each job. Hell with this country !
If you are not deputed by your company or if you are not a millionaire, then please forget this place. You get better salaries in India.

A 12 lakh salary in India is worth atleast 3 times more than this place. Stupid country this is. Apologies for my words.

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:02 am

sashi1979,

So you experienced the truth about UK.What is the climax of your UK stint and the realizations?Did you came back to India?

sashi1979

Post by sashi1979 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:02 pm

my husband works in non-IT and he has 2 months of his contract pending (april end). So I think I will skip until May end and if nothing works till may end - pack up !

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:55 am

I would like to clarify my previous post, my friends who got jobs in UK were working with VC++ and MFC, not with plain C++.

sashi1979

Post by sashi1979 » Thu May 07, 2009 11:19 pm

time to packup bags guys.. thanks to economic downturn here in the UK. and the stupid useless IT market.

Our Emirates flight tickets are booked for June 6th back to India.