ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent to Tier 2 General

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dcoolsam
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by dcoolsam » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:59 am

Hi,

I am currently on Tier 2 Short Term Dependent visa till Oct 2017.
I am looking for a "Tier 2 General Visa" sponsor so that I can stay in UK for a longer period of time.
I am into Software Testing and have 13 Years of Experience.
Request you to please suggest a few good Tier 2 Sponsors, so that I can contact them.
Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:11 pm

You will need to find a sponsor on the approved HO list. Members are not permitted to name companies on the forum.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-workers
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:54 pm

CR001 wrote:You will need to find a sponsor on the approved HO list. Members are not permitted to name companies on the forum.

I have almost seen no one (in this online forum) post a success story by looking up that approved sponsor list and applying for jobs and have managed to successfully find a sponsor. Perhaps they do exist.

Yet it is a valuable resource to give you an idea of approved and A listed sponsors. It is going to be significant amount of work to research through that list and apply in company sites and then wait.

Keep networking, it is better to get real references and word of mouth to get in, rather than rely solely on recruiters.

Good luck!
Cheers,
OR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:08 am

O_Relly wrote:
CR001 wrote:You will need to find a sponsor on the approved HO list. Members are not permitted to name companies on the forum.

I have almost seen no one (in this online forum) post a success story by looking up that approved sponsor list and applying for jobs and have managed to successfully find a sponsor. Perhaps they do exist. They do exist, how else are people getting sponsors. Members are not permitted to name the sponsor.

Yet it is a valuable resource to give you an idea of approved and A listed sponsors. It is going to be significant amount of work to research through that list and apply in company sites and then wait. A simple search function exists in Adobe, so not impossible to find what you are looking for.

Keep networking, it is better to get real references and word of mouth to get in, rather than rely solely on recruiters.

Good luck!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
O_Relly wrote:

I have almost seen no one (in this online forum) post a success story by looking up that approved sponsor list and applying for jobs and have managed to successfully find a sponsor. Perhaps they do exist. They do exist, how else are people getting sponsors. Members are not permitted to name the sponsor.

[OR] What I meant was, I haven't seen a single person come back and post a success story where they successfully found a sponsor from that 1944 pages long PDF document. No one was expecting them to post the name of the sponsor who hired them, it was just a note to say, I used this document and it worked for me.

Yet it is a valuable resource to give you an idea of approved and A listed sponsors. It is going to be significant amount of work to research through that list and apply in company sites and then wait. A simple search function exists in Adobe, so not impossible to find what you are looking for.

[OR] Have you read that document yourself? It's 1944 pages long. Yes. 1944 pages. Let me share a small real scenario to set some context. On of my colleagues in my workplace who is on a company sponsored Tier 2 General visa, was notified that his role was at risk due to as a business decision, they had decided to close down the division he was working for. He had to go through a difficult redundancy consultancy process and timeline and had started to look out for other sponsors and was reaching out to friends and work colleagues.

At the time, I passed on this document to him, thinking it might be of some help. He came back and said it was impossible for him to go through this document, identify companies that have roles that match his skillset and then check in their website for openings, and then apply and wait for interview and selection process. It was going to be a lot of work more that use of a simple search function in adobe.

Good luck!

CR001 - Do you know of anyone personally or posted success stories in this forum, who have solely relied on that PDF document to find their sponsor ? If yes, without making any mention of names as it isn't allowed by the forums T's & C's, can you please post a reference link to such a success story?

PS: Eventually in my colleague's case, there were other roles opened up in other divisions, which he could apply for and he has continued to stay, but if not, he was preparing to pack his bags and head back home whilst applying for jobs in job portals expecting for someone to match his skills and give him a call for a Tier 2 General sponsor in 60 days that he had available to find his next sponsor.
Cheers,
OR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:44 pm

I do understand what you are saying. The list is where people should start. Most of us know who the well known companies are that sponsor.

The other point is, there is a bit of an expectation on the forum, particularly from some new members, that they will be spoon fed what they want on the forum.

When I arrived in the UK, I pounded the pavement looking for work with copies of my CV under my arm (I am also highly skilled btw) etc. as I did both times that I was made redundant too. Was never without a job for more than 2 months. Albeit I was not on a Tier 2 visa, but never the less, if a person wants it badly enough, they will do whatever it takes to get it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:10 am

Most of us know who the well known companies are that sponsor.
To be perfectly honest, I don't, except for my company that is listed. This board has 121699 members, and I am not sure what % of that number is "most of us" ? Certainly newbies who are posting in this forum seeking help aren't part of that most.

All I was trying to do was set the expectation right, I think that is what newbies seeking help here want, to set some context and expectation.

Just providing a link to a 1944 page PDF document and saying go figure, isn't giving all that background and context like how you explained it in your last comment - that it is going to be hard work.
Cheers,
OR