ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4(General) Dependant Visa holder

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

maheshreddy
Newly Registered

Tier 4(General) Dependant Visa holder

Post by maheshreddy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:19 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have worked with TCS for 3 years in India(.NET Developer).Now my wife is planning for post graduation in UK.She will get a Tier 4(General) student visa for 30 months.Even i will get a Tier 4(General) Dependant Visa for the same period.As per the UK Border Agency site there are no work restrictions on Tier 4(General) Dependant Visa holders. But I heard that many companies are not accepting this visa for working.Please clarify me on that.And also let me know job prospects in UK for .NET Developers.

deepeshmm
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4(General) Dependant Visa holder

Post by deepeshmm » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:24 pm

hi maheshreddy,

I am in the same situation as yours. My wife is currently doing her MBA in UK. I have applied for many jobs from India. Although i have a good job profile, i don't get any interview calls !

Thanks.

AbbeyCharles
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4(General) Dependant Visa holder

Post by AbbeyCharles » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:57 pm

I will advise you to familiarise yourself with the advertised jobs in uk and see if you qualify.
Try to call them companies even before leaving india, if possible to arrange on the phone conversation about the job.
More important, is the fact that you may have to settle for a job role lesser than what you already have in India. Otherwise, it may take you eternity to get what you have in mind..i am not saying you wont get it eventually, i am only preparing your mind to avoid wasting important time to make money and support your wife.