ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 student hopelessly(?) seeking Tier 2 sponsorship

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

questions19
Newly Registered

Tier 4 student hopelessly(?) seeking Tier 2 sponsorship

Post by questions19 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:42 pm

Hey there, I am studying in Scotland to get my MSc in Strategic Public Relations. I want to switch to a Tier 2 sponsorship visa when my program is considered finished (September 12, 2017), but I'm starting to feel really anxious about this. It seems so difficult to get a job here. Any advice on good companies to apply to in my field from the sponsorship list? (public relations, marketing, communications, etc.).

On another note, my partner is here in Scotland but doesn't make the salary to sponsor me for a marriage or partner visa. I would really like to build a future with him, so getting a job is critical to this.

I would appreciate any advice on good places to apply or ways to increase my chances of getting sponsored. It seems like companies are reluctant to sponsor people even if they have adequate skills and experience.

Please help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 4 student hopelessly(?) seeking Tier 2 sponsorship

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:49 pm

Members are not permitted to post recommendations of companies. Suggest attend all career days and milk rounds that your uni sets up.

Look at big companies (retailers for example) who have good graduate career programmes.

What does your partner earn per year?

Any savings??

Do you work at all based on what your visa restrictions are?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

questions19
Newly Registered

Post by questions19 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:20 am

He's also at school, so he only works 13 hours a week. My school doesn't hold milkround job fairs. We don't have much in savings, and I am currently not working.

Hola2015

Post by Hola2015 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:28 pm

questions19 wrote:He's also at school, so he only works 13 hours a week. My school doesn't hold milkround job fairs. We don't have much in savings, and I am currently not working.
In addition to the advise from CR001; to be gainfully employed requires some perseverance and determination from you. The truth is that you may receive many rejections before you finally land a job offer. I am talking from my own experience.

But, the good news is that you are thinking in the right direction. You only need to search the web for companies recruiting in your area of interest; websites such as total jobs, Reeds etc may be a good starting point. You may also check your university's online career website. In addition, you may also benefit from visiting the university's career team; they may be able to point you in the right direction and check your CV for you.

I hope this help

cityofedinburgh
Newly Registered

Post by cityofedinburgh » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:31 am

try Magnet.me: https://join.magnet.me/u/siti.mokhsein.93447
it's similar to Linkedin but you connect with the companies, then the companies will look at your profile. I've had some success with a couple of companies there myself. Remember you have to market your qualifications, experiences, knowledge and interests. Sponsoring an international graduate on Tier 2 costs money for the company, so I suggest going for larger companies with graduate schemes.