ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK work permit/ relocation

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Robs
Newly Registered

UK work permit/ relocation

Post by Robs » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi
I want to relocate to the UK. I am a Pakistani. Whenever i apply for online jobs i do get interview calls/ emails but when i tell them i don't have work permit they apologize or never respond.Can somebody guide me how can i get a work permit? If UK employers are really issuing work permits? should i pay somebody if they tell they will get the WP for me? I am qualified person with several years of experience in Pakistan and UAE.

Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK work permit/ relocation

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:19 pm

Can somebody guide me how can i get a work permit?
It is not called a work permit, it is a Tier 2 General visa you will need and you will need to find a sponsor on the approved Tier 2 sponsor list, link below

Register of Approved Sponsors (Click)
If UK employers are really issuing work permits?
Yes, but there are limits to the amount available as it uses a quota system by month and year.
should i pay somebody if they tell they will get the WP for me?
No, this is illegal. An approved sponsor will never ask you to pay them a 'fee' or 'finder fee' to process a Tier 2 General visa for you. Also, working as a contractor or through an umbrella company on a Tier 2 General visa is not permitted at all. Most 'companies' who ask you to pay a substantial fee upfront are either crooks or umbrella companies who promise you everything and it ends up costing you a fortune as the take a large chunk of your monthly earnings as 'fees'.
I am qualified person with several years of experience in Pakistan and UAE.
It depends on what your qualifications are experience are in on whether you are likely to be successful in obtaining a visa. Many people have qualifications and experience, but don't qualify for a visa according to the rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Robs
Newly Registered

Post by Robs » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:32 pm

thank you CR001.
I want to work in the UK. i am an MBA and studying ACT which is a UK Royal Charter holder Association. so once my qualification is complete i dont think i will face much problem in getting a job there. but the actual problem is Work permit. if i want to work in the UK i will need a work permit right?

is it like once the employer has issued me offer letter then i will go to one of these agencies (btw, thanks for providing me the list) and will ask them to arrange visa? actually i joined this forum to know about the steps involved, time required for this whole process. i have a two year multiple UK visit visa. do you think if i apply from within the UK it will improve chances of success as compared to the outside UK applicants?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:43 pm

You do not go to an agency to 'arrange' a visa. No one else except you and with the documents from the approved sponsor can do this. Any agent who says they can (for a fee) should be dealt with cautiously. If your sponsor is legitimate, you don't need an immigration consultant (not an agency) to help and most sponsors have a legal department that can assist you.

There is a specific process that the approved employer sponsor has to follow and they sponsor your visa.

They have to prove that it is a genuine vacancy and that no British or EU citizen or person with indefinite leave to remain is suitable for the job. To do this, they have to do a Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT) and it has to be advertised on specific websites for a certain number of days (28 I think).

Once they confirm an offer to you, the employer sponsor applies for a Certificate of Sponsorship which will be valid for 2, 3 or 5 years (depending on the job I suppose). This they send to you and then YOU have to apply for the visa (and pay the immigration health surcharge) and apply at VFS in your home country.

Applications can take 8 weeks sometimes longer

Below is the link to the Tier 2 General visa

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/overview

It is not as easy as you think it is and there is no 'agency' that you can just pop into to get a visa. And again, it is NOT a work permit. Work Permits were discontinued years ago and it is now a Tier 2 General points based system so you have to meet the points requirement in addition to all the above.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Robs
Newly Registered

Post by Robs » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:24 pm

thanks a lot CR001 for clarifying many questions. i don't see my work related occupation in the list. UK perhaps doesn't require any financial management related skilled labor :( sad though.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:34 pm

The problem is that so many people come here on student visas to do ACCA etc and then switch straight into Tier 2 General so it might be that some financial fields are over subscribed given that UK citizens etc also do these studies.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Robs
Newly Registered

Post by Robs » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:50 pm

what are the options other than General Tier 2?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:53 pm

Tier 4 student visa (if you qualify), Tier 1 Entrepreneur or Tier 1 Investor.

Spouse visa if you have a British spouse or a spouse who has ILR or a PBS Dependent visa if you have a spouse who qualifies for their own Tier 2 General visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Robs
Newly Registered

Post by Robs » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:26 pm

Thanks a lot