ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 months schengen visa from UK

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Blattes

6 months schengen visa from UK

Post by Blattes » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:19 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a Turkish citizen living in UK over 3 years now on Tier 2 and have a valid visa till mid 2020. I have got multiple Schengen visas from different countries over a few years time (France, Italy x 3, Switzerland) however the longest I have got so far is 3 months. I normally provide all documents needed, annually travel insurance for EU and job related documents also letters intending visiting EU on multiple occasions with pre-paid tickets, detailed programme of the trips I plan to take. However as everyone know, schengen visas are costly and I want to make most of it hence I like to try and get at least 6 months visa. So what exactly I am asking is that is there anyone who has got long term schengen visas? What kind of documents did you apply with?

I have a trip coming in October to The Netherlands and March to Portugal and I intend to provide documents for accommodation and flight for both with a cover letter asking for long term multiple entry visa. Anything in this point would help really, thank you!

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: 6 months schengen visa from UK

Post by Caravel88 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:27 pm

For an embassy to issue long term visas, you have to show long that term travel history or future plans.

Number of visas or countries don't mean much.

Blattes wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:19 pm
Hi everyone,

I am a Turkish citizen living in UK over 3 years now on Tier 2 and have a valid visa till mid 2020. I have got multiple Schengen visas from different countries over a few years time (France, Italy x 3, Switzerland) however the longest I have got so far is 3 months. I normally provide all documents needed, annually travel insurance for EU and job related documents also letters intending visiting EU on multiple occasions with pre-paid tickets, detailed programme of the trips I plan to take. However as everyone know, schengen visas are costly and I want to make most of it hence I like to try and get at least 6 months visa. So what exactly I am asking is that is there anyone who has got long term schengen visas? What kind of documents did you apply with?

I have a trip coming in October to The Netherlands and March to Portugal and I intend to provide documents for accommodation and flight for both with a cover letter asking for long term multiple entry visa. Anything in this point would help really, thank you!