ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

American in Ireland/legally

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

heather
Newly Registered

American in Ireland/legally

Post by heather » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:14 pm

I am currently in the final year of a Master's degree in Instructional Technology. I have a dream I would like to fulfill- to live, work in Ireland. I believe that in terms of experience, I will need a few years in this field before I could apply for any sort of work in Ireland. I am considering Southeast Asia where I could work in ESL. I am currently a part time ESL instructor. My degree is designing curriculum for distance learning. I spent part of my childhood abroad due to my parents work. Therefore, I know that it's not easy, as a non EU member, to find employment. Also, I will turn 40 next year. Another strike against me. I'd like to believe where there is a will there is a way- as long as you have a plan. The first step is to find all the info I can. Any help, suggestions, advice... would be appreciated.