ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Austrian schengen visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

justaquery
Pakistan

Austrian schengen visa

Post by justaquery » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:06 pm

Hi everyone

I booked a flight to Austria at the start of this year for Dec (27 Dec 20 - 2 Jan 21). Since then everything has come to a standstill due to corona and I understand hardly any EU country is offering a schengen visa for tourism purposes. What are the chances that tourist visa applications will be open by end of October? Should I hope for it or should I change my flight now and move to next year (Mar/Apr 21).

Any opinions/thoughts/advise welcome.

Many Thanks

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Re: Austrian schengen visa

Post by ibwe » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:58 pm

Hi,

Currently there are worries that Europe is experiencing a new wave of Covid-19 infections. in view of that I think many countries will definitely continue to restrict entrance to citizens that are not on 'safe list'. Austria, in particular, allows entrance to some of the EU/EEA citizens albeit with some restrictions. Schengen visa holders for now, will definitely have a hard time entering Austria unless the policy changes in relation to Covid-19 infection rates and if there is a viable vaccine or drug.

If I was you, I will wait out and change my plans to visit Austria for now. Your suggestion to change the flight to March/April 2021, might be a good one. I guess by that time things will get better. However Covid-19 has shown to be resilient as I was hoping that by July 2020, it will be a thing of past. Unfortunately, it is still here.

Can't predict with certainty, but at least by your time frame (March/April 2021) - it could be under control and Schengen visas will be able to be used again.

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:57 am

Chances are close to zero.

justaquery
Pakistan

Post by justaquery » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:11 am

Thanks for the advice. I will rebook tickets to 2021