Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Avoiding 3 month payslip requirement - Schegen Business Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Post Reply
JohndoesUK
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:44 pm
Mood:
Nambia

Avoiding 3 month payslip requirement - Schegen Business Visa

Post by JohndoesUK » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:50 pm

I would like to apply for a French business Schengen visitor to attend a meeting but the 3 month payslip requirement is preventing me from doing so. Is there anyway of getting around this? I can't provide three months payslip as I am brand new on the job.

I have just started a research position at a university and I need to go to the initial meeting with other parties to discuss how to go about starting the research project. The 3 month payslip requirement is making doing this quite difficult. Is there any advise anyone can give me on how I can go around this rule?

ibwe
Junior Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:07 am
Mood:
Bulgaria

Re: Avoiding 3 month payslip requirement - Schegen Business Visa

Post by ibwe » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:50 am

JohndoesUK wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:50 pm
I would like to apply for a French business Schengen visitor to attend a meeting but the 3 month payslip requirement is preventing me from doing so. Is there anyway of getting around this? I can't provide three months payslip as I am brand new on the job.

I have just started a research position at a university and I need to go to the initial meeting with other parties to discuss how to go about starting the research project. The 3 month payslip requirement is making doing this quite difficult. Is there any advise anyone can give me on how I can go around this rule?
Hi!

Where are you applying from? If it is from Namibia (based on your flag) you will have to go to Germany Consulate in Windhoek and here are the requirements. As you can see, you only need to provide your bank account statements, so you can skip the salary slip stuff.

However if the requirement are clearly asking for previous pay slips, then the only way to go about it, is sponsorship. Either the inviting party or your employer should clearly state that they will financially support you during your stay in France in the invitation letter (inviting party)/ cover letter (your employer).

Hope this helps.

JohndoesUK
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:44 pm
Mood:
Nambia

Re: Avoiding 3 month payslip requirement - Schegen Business Visa

Post by JohndoesUK » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:00 pm

ibwe wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:50 am
Hi!

Where are you applying from? If it is from Namibia (based on your flag) you will have to go to Germany Consulate in Windhoek and here are the requirements. As you can see, you only need to provide your bank account statements, so you can skip the salary slip stuff.

However if the requirement are clearly asking for previous pay slips, then the only way to go about it, is sponsorship. Either the inviting party or your employer should clearly state that they will financially support you during your stay in France in the invitation letter (inviting party)/ cover letter (your employer).

Hope this helps.
Hi, thanks for your response.

No, I will be applying from the UK. I have no issue producing a letter that says my employer will cover all costs, but is there anywhere that states that this can be used in lieu of showing payslips?The full requirements are copy pasted below

The supporting documents to be provided are as follows:

Pre-requisites

Application form dated and signed

A travel document, issued less than 10 years ago, containing at least two blank pages, with a period of validity at least 3 months longer than the date on which you intend to leave the Schengen Area or, in the case of a long stay, at least three months longer than the expiry date of the visa requested.

France-Visas receipt.

ID photograph

If you are not a national of your country of residence: proof that you are legally resident in that country (e.g. residence permit)

Purpose of travel/stay

For employees: recent signed official letter from your employer (name and quality of the signatory, date of issue, address, recent phone number and registration number of the Company in the UK), and last three months’ payslips. Self-employed: refer to local information pages Students: refer to local information pages

Formal invitation letter from a company to attend meetings or a conference, or any commercial/industrial/professional event with proof of registration, or any other document proving commercial or professional relationships, or tickets/proof of registration to attend a congress/exhibition.

Proof of travel. A confirmed return ticket to France (plane, ferry, bus, etc…).

Travel health insurance

Travel health insurance certificate (cf FAQ)

Accommodation

Hotel booking or rental agreement, showing your full name as well as dates and address of stay, or “Attestation d'accueil” issued by the local town hall of your host's place of residence in France, or booking confirmation from a travel agency.

Funds

Bank statements, payslips, tax returns or any other proof of income

User avatar
ALKB
Respected Guru
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 am
Location: Berlin
Germany

Re: Avoiding 3 month payslip requirement - Schegen Business Visa

Post by ALKB » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:54 pm

ibwe wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:50 am

Students: refer to local information pages
You are on a Tier 4 visa, right?

What do the local information pages say about requirements for students?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

JohndoesUK
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:44 pm
Mood:
Nambia

Re: Avoiding 3 month payslip requirement - Schegen Business Visa

Post by JohndoesUK » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:39 am

ALKB wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:54 pm
ibwe wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:50 am

Students: refer to local information pages
You are on a Tier 4 visa, right?

What do the local information pages say about requirements for students?
No, I am on a Tier 2, I switched from a Tier 4 before starting.

User avatar
ALKB
Respected Guru
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 am
Location: Berlin
Germany

Re: Avoiding 3 month payslip requirement - Schegen Business Visa

Post by ALKB » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:05 pm

JohndoesUK wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:39 am
ALKB wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:54 pm
ibwe wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:50 am

Students: refer to local information pages
You are on a Tier 4 visa, right?

What do the local information pages say about requirements for students?
No, I am on a Tier 2, I switched from a Tier 4 before starting.
That might complicate things.

Personally, I'd gather as much documentary evidence of your employment with a detailed letter from your employer stating why you are needed in France.

There may or may not be some leeway.

Is your employer helping you/aware of the potential issue in you getting a visa? Can they make accommodations in case you can't get one for now? Video conferences for now and face to face meetings later?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

JohndoesUK
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:44 pm
Mood:
Nambia

Re: Avoiding 3 month payslip requirement - Schegen Business Visa

Post by JohndoesUK » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:26 am

ALKB wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:05 pm
JohndoesUK wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:39 am
ALKB wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:54 pm
ibwe wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:50 am

Students: refer to local information pages
You are on a Tier 4 visa, right?

What do the local information pages say about requirements for students?
No, I am on a Tier 2, I switched from a Tier 4 before starting.
That might complicate things.

Personally, I'd gather as much documentary evidence of your employment with a detailed letter from your employer stating why you are needed in France.

There may or may not be some leeway.

Is your employer helping you/aware of the potential issue in you getting a visa? Can they make accommodations in case you can't get one for now? Video conferences for now and face to face meetings later?
After talking with my employer and weighing up the risks I decided not to go. I asked a colleague to go in my place instead. Thank you for your help.

Post Reply
cron