ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bring non EU spouse to another EU member state

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lewis23
Newly Registered

Bring non EU spouse to another EU member state

Post by Lewis23 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:23 pm

I am an British citizen that has Spanish residency. My wife is Cuban and we got married there. She is in Cuba at the moment and I want to bring her to Spain to live with me. Can I bring her over on a 90 day Schengen visitors visa and then apply for her residency card once in Spain, based on marriage to me? Thereby exercising the rights under directive 2004/38 or Real Decreto 240/2007 which require little paperwork.

Or does she need to initiate the whole process from the Spanish embassy in Cuba under family reunification, which requires lots of documents and evidence, legalised etc?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Bring non EU spouse to another EU member state

Post by Korekt » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:28 am

Lewis23 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:23 pm
Can I bring her over on a 90 day Schengen visitors visa and then apply for her residency card once in Spain, based on marriage to me?
This may well be easier.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Lewis23
Newly Registered

Re: Bring non EU spouse to another EU member state

Post by Lewis23 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:31 pm

Does anyone know somebody who has done this process. I cannot seem to find even a solicitor who will push this forward, as they have repeated what the Spanish authorities have said, ie. having a tonne of evidence to prove financial standing and medical papers all legalised etc