ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRITISH CITIZEN EXERCISING TREATY RIGHTS IN EU

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

manch221

BRITISH CITIZEN EXERCISING TREATY RIGHTS IN EU

Post by manch221 » Fri May 31, 2019 9:21 am

Hello
I understand that an EU national living and working in the UK can sponsor Adult Dependent Relative to the UK.
My question is if a British Citizen is living and working in any other EU country, can he or she sponsor Mother and Father to come and live with him or her?

secret.simon

Re: BRITISH CITIZEN EXERCISING TREATY RIGHTS IN EU

Post by secret.simon » Fri May 31, 2019 3:25 pm

manch221 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:21 am
if a British Citizen is living and working in any other EU country, can he or she sponsor Mother and Father to come and live with him or her?
Yes before Brexit Day (if it does occur), assuming that s/he can prove financial dependence of the parents on them.

Their long-term ability to resident in the EU will of course depend on the withdrawal deal being ratified by both the UK and the EU. In case of a No-Deal Brexit, it would depend on the laws of the individual member-state concerned.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.