ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can ANYONE answer my questions? :(

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sphoebe
Newly Registered

Can ANYONE answer my questions? :(

Post by sphoebe » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:17 am

I have been planning on going back to school. ALSO, I want to obtain an Irish citizenship. I am married and have 2 small children. Does anyone know if I could live in Ireland with them until I am out of school or until we obtain our Irish citizenship? My husband draws disability, but CAN still work, would that make a difference? Could I apply for my citizenship as soon as I got there? Please let me know, thanks.
Susan
[/code]

marialear

Post by marialear » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:43 pm

Hi,

To get Irish citizenship you can apply under marriage, descent or naturalization. Is your husband Irish? Or do you have Irish parents or grandparents? These links would be your easiest option to gain citizenship. You can apply to be naturalized when you've lived in Ireland for 5 years and are accepted under the naturalization rules of application. To work in Ireland as a non-national you need either a work permit or work authoriziton(given to particular jobs only). All information re citizenship and employment can be found on the Dept of Justice website www.justice.ie and the Dept of Enterprise, Trade and Employment www.entemp.ie. I dont' think the fact that your husband draws disability would make a difference or I don't think it should but I'm not sure on the particulars. Try those websites and maybe contact them directly with the details of your situation. Both websites have a number of contact numbers and addresses.

Good luck,

Maria