ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

[norway] Can i travel to European countries when my case ( resident card for eu family members) is under process?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jaghorijan
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

[norway] Can i travel to European countries when my case ( resident card for eu family members) is under process?

Post by Jaghorijan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:49 pm

Hi to everyone in the forum
I am from afghanistan and married with a polish girl living in Norway for 6 years.
I got schengen visa from Islamabad last year and come to norway after that applied for eu family members resident in January 2018 and it is still under process.
As its under process and i don't have any visa right now i wanted to ask is there any way to travel to other European countries?? Its possible to get Schengen visa when you are inside schengen countries??
Thank you

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: [norway] Can i travel to European countries when my case ( resident card for eu family members) is under process?

Post by Caravel88 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:42 am

You can't travel alone but with your spouse you can travel.
Also it's been over 6+ months. Contact Solvit. Your case should have been processed by now.
Jaghorijan wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:49 pm
I am from afghanistan and married with a polish girl living in Norway for 6 years.
I got schengen visa from Islamabad last year and come to norway after that applied for eu family members resident in January 2018 and it is still under process.
As its under process and i don't have any visa right now i wanted to ask is there any way to travel to other European countries?? Its possible to get Schengen visa when you are inside schengen countries??
Thank you

Jaghorijan
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Re: [norway] Can i travel to European countries when my case ( resident card for eu family members) is under process?

Post by Jaghorijan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:05 pm

Caravel88 wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:42 am
Also it's been over 6+ months. Contact Solvit. Your case should have been processed by now.
Jaghorijan wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:49 pm
Thank you
thanks for your reply but which ground document i show in the airport that i can travel with my wife because when i registered my case they said i cant leave the country unless they give answer for my case
And i have one more question i read somewhere it was written even if i get eu family members resident i cant travel alone to European countries without visa when i am traveling alone i am really confused 😢

Jaghorijan
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Jaghorijan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:16 pm

thanks for your reply but which ground document i show in the airport that i can travel with my wife because when i registered my case they said i cant leave the country unless they give answer for my case
And i have one more question i read somewhere it was written even if i get eu family members resident i cant travel alone to European countries without visa when i am traveling alone i am really confused 😢
[quote=Jaghorijan post_id=1709100 time=1543100714 user_id=206985]
[quote=Caravel88 post_id=1708800 time=1543048965 user_id=191256]

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:28 am

You won't be allowed to board a plane *if checked* without a visa or residence permit even with your wife.
You can travel using other means with you wife.
At all times you need to have documents proving your family relationship to your wife, such as marriage certificate, and a copy of her ID, such as passport.
Once you get a Norway issued EU fam. member card, you can travel alone up to 90 days in the Schengen area since Norway is a Schengen state.
You can't travel alone outside of Schengen in the EU alone without your spouse or a valid tourist visa issued to your name.
Jaghorijan wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:16 pm
Jaghorijan wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:05 pm
Caravel88 wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:42 am

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Post by gokulatti » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:06 pm

1) Since Norway is in Schengen you are free to travel inside Schengen along with (or joining, need docs to prove that the spouse is already or will be in the destination of travel) your polish spouse.

2) You need to carry docs to prove the family relationship, expect scrutiny of this i.e sworn translation, legalized and apostatized etc. (MAKE SURE this proof is air tight)

3) If you are planning to travel by airline forget it, since airline WILL NOT let you board without a VISA or RP. The reason airlines do not let you board on the flight is because the airline staff are not qualified to scrutinize 2) and they are not qualified to look for the genuineness of the relationship. Therefore they rely on the Passenger carrying a Government issued Visa/RP. You just need to wait until the UDI makes a decision and issues an EU/EOS FAM permit.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:33 pm

gokulatti wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:06 pm
If you are planning to travel by airline forget it, since airline WILL NOT let you board without a VISA or RP.
What about ferries?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Jaghorijan
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Jaghorijan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:03 pm

Thank you for your reply
Today we called to UDI and unfortunately they said i can't leave the country unit my case is done
Also we sent email to solvit they also said i cant travel without visa
So we called to the polish embassy if they can give me Schengen visa and they said since my case is under process they cant give visa😢😢
I don't know what to do i think the only thing i can is to wait
gokulatti wrote:
1) Since Norway is in Schengen you are free to travel inside Schengen along with (or joining, need docs to prove that the spouse is already or will be in the destination of travel) your polish spouse.

2) You need to carry docs to prove the family relationship, expect scrutiny of this i.e sworn translation, legalized and apostatized etc. (MAKE SURE this proof is air tight)

3) If you are planning to travel by airline forget it, since airline WILL NOT let you board without a VISA or RP. The reason airlines do not let you board on the flight is because the airline staff are not qualified to scrutinize 2) and they are not qualified to look for the genuineness of the relationship. Therefore they rely on the Passenger carrying a Government issued Visa/RP. You just need to wait until the UDI makes a decision and issues an EU/EOS FAM permit.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:14 am

Norway has already breached your rights by not replying to your request within 6 months.
You have the right to travel as explained. It's written in EU directives.
Jaghorijan wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:03 pm
Thank you for your reply
Today we called to UDI and unfortunately they said i can't leave the country unit my case is done
Also we sent email to solvit they also said i cant travel without visa
So we called to the polish embassy if they can give me Schengen visa and they said since my case is under process they cant give visa😢😢
I don't know what to do i think the only thing i can is to wait
gokulatti wrote:

Jaghorijan
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Jaghorijan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:30 am

Thank you for your reply
Please can you give a link where its written in EU directives?? So i can use that

[quote=Caravel88 post_id=1709899 time=1543313674 user_id=191256]
Norway has already breached your rights by not replying to your request within 6 months.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:36 pm

Your rights as a spouse of an EU citizen are defined in the EU directive 2004/38/EC.
This directive talks about the rights of EU citizens regarding freedom of movement and therefore the rights of their spouses / family members / dependants etc.

This is the link for the directive:
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Le ... 123:en:PDF

Check out Article 5 (right of entry) and Article 6 (right of residence)

You can travel as you wish no matter what (pretty much) with your spouse.

I'd also suggest that you read these two:

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/t ... dex_en.htm

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/r ... dex_en.htm

I assure you, you have every right to travel with your spouse.
Without a visa though (if checked) you won't be allowed to board a plane.

Regarding Solvit: I'd suggested that you contact them regarding the delay Norway issuing you your residence card. Not "can I travel please". They have to issue in 6 months.
Jaghorijan wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:30 am
Thank you for your reply
Please can you give a link where its written in EU directives?? So i can use that
Caravel88 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:14 am