ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I work in Belgium using ILR?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

waltmaj
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Can I work in Belgium using ILR?

Post by waltmaj » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:47 am

Hi sorry if this question has already been answered. I recently been getting a lot of potential job offers from Spain, Belgium and Sweden. Because its just the initial application stage they have not asked if i am a british citizen(I think they just assume I am). Truth is I have Indefinite Leave to Remain. Will this be an issue or can the potential companies employ me based on my ILR status?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I work in Belgium using ILR?

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:52 am

Your ilr is only relevant and specific to the UK. It doesn't permit you to work in the EU.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:48 pm

ILR is a status under UK domestic law and has no relevance to your working or living in the rest of the EU.

If you only hold ILR, you will need to apply for the relevant work visa in the country that you wish to move to and start your immigration journey from scratch.

If you have completed one year after acquiring ILR, you can apply for British citizenship. If you acquire it before the UK leaves the EU, you can then move to the other EU countries and acquire rights there.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

waltmaj
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by waltmaj » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:52 am
Your ilr is only relevant and specific to the UK. It doesn't permit you to work in the EU.
thanks

waltmaj
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by waltmaj » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:26 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:48 pm
ILR is a status under UK domestic law and has no relevance to your working or living in the rest of the EU.

If you only hold ILR, you will need to apply for the relevant work visa in the country that you wish to move to and start your immigration journey from scratch.

If you have completed one year after acquiring ILR, you can apply for British citizenship. If you acquire it before the UK leaves the EU, you can then move to the other EU countries and acquire rights there.
makes sense . thanks