ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can my boyfriend be residential in germany if we marry?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Elsjan
Newly Registered
Japan

can my boyfriend be residential in germany if we marry?

Post by Elsjan » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:46 pm

Hello .
I am Japanese citizen living in Germany and ii am residents here ..im living and working here from 2 years i have all right's here ..(sorry if i write anything wrong)
I have an Albanian boyfrend we are living together now but he dont have right to stay more than 3 moths here ..he dont have any visa ...so when 3 months finish i go with him in Albania..we really love each other... i want to ask if he can get a visa here if we marry ..im not really sure about this ..because my passport is Japanese and just i am residents in Germany..can someone help me how he can get a visa here if we marry...pleaseee

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: can my boyfriend be residential in germany if we marry?

Post by Caravel88 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:13 am

Yes, he can probably join you.
Elsjan wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:46 pm
Hello .
I am Japanese citizen living in Germany and ii am residents here ..im living and working here from 2 years i have all right's here ..(sorry if i write anything wrong)
I have an Albanian boyfrend we are living together now but he dont have right to stay more than 3 moths here ..he dont have any visa ...so when 3 months finish i go with him in Albania..we really love each other... i want to ask if he can get a visa here if we marry ..im not really sure about this ..because my passport is Japanese and just i am residents in Germany..can someone help me how he can get a visa here if we marry...pleaseee

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:19 am

Elsjan wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:46 pm
Hello .
What kind of residence permit do you have exactly?

BlueCard or regular work permit or student permit?

In some cases there is a waiting period of two years if the marriage took place after the initial visa for Germany has been granted.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

Elsjan
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Elsjan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:40 am

Hello..thank you that u are trying to help me
I have AUFENTHALTSKARTE (Familienangehorigen EU)
this what i have is a "Residence card of a family member of a union citizen "
Thank you!

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:05 am

Elsjan wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:40 am
Hello..thank you that u are trying to help me
I have AUFENTHALTSKARTE (Familienangehorigen EU)
this what i have is a "Residence card of a family member of a union citizen "
Thank you!
Who is your sponsoring EU family member? A parent?

I am not sure about Germany but in the UK for instance, Family members of EU nationals who get married often have trouble with their own status later on, as they form their own family unit and are no longer seen as dependent on the EU family member.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

Elsjan
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Elsjan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:19 am

Hello.
My father is from japan and my mother is Italian living in Germany....so i have Japanese passport and" Residence card of a family member "
I have right to stay .to work to study in germany..
I want to know if my boyfriend will have also if we marry?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:20 pm

Elsjan wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:19 am
Hello.
My father is from japan and my mother is Italian living in Germany....so i have Japanese passport and" Residence card of a family member "
I have right to stay .to work to study in germany..
I want to know if my boyfriend will have also if we marry?
How old are you?

As ALKB has advised, as you are a dependent child of an EEA citizen, your dependency (and hence your right to reside) may be called into question if you form a separate family unit with your boyfriend (as either married or unmarried). You could then lose your own right to live, work and study in Germany.

You could look at applying for Italian citizenship yourself (which will require you to renounce your Japanese citizenship, so something you would want to give close thought to). If you are an Italian citizen, you can reside anywhere in the EU on that basis yourself and sponsor your boyfriend in your own right.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Elsjan
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Elsjan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:52 pm

I am 20 years old ..and actuality im living with my boyfriend!
Just i want to know if we maryy and we have a marriage certificate and we just go in embassy and show that we are married and we will live together..and what i want to know is if the embassy will give for him a visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:10 pm

You cannot sponsor your partner with the visa or residence permit you have. You are not an EU citizen based on what you have stated so not are not able to sponsor a spouse under the EU rules.

Do you not live with your Italian mother??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Elsjan
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Elsjan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:46 pm

Ok thank you for this information