ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can someone please guide me BRP CARD

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ra2008
Newly Registered

Can someone please guide me BRP CARD

Post by ra2008 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:26 pm

Me and my wife want to visit Schengen zone like Germany or France is she can travel with me without needing a visa to stay there if she need one where can I apply for.
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can someone please guide me BRP CARD

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:30 pm

She needs a Schengen visa before travelling to an EU country. Apply visa the embassy or their third party for the country you plan on visiting.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kamoe

Re: Can someone please guide me BRP CARD

Post by kamoe » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:28 am

ra2008 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:26 pm
Me and my wife want to visit Schengen zone like Germany or France is she can travel with me without needing a visa to stay there if she need one where can I apply for.
Thank you
@CR001 is right, if she's usually a Schengen visa-required national (and you are not) then she likely needs a Schengen visa after Brexit.

As a rule of thumb, you should always look for answers to this kind of questions in the consulate of the country you want to visit that is based on the country you reside.

For example, if you want to travel to France and you live in the UK, you should look in the website of the French consulate in London. This way, you will get answers that specifically address the applicant's situation. They usually have a section to find out if you need a visa or not.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.