ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Chances in Ireland, how to safe my marriage?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Hody
Newly Registered

Chances in Ireland, how to safe my marriage?

Post by Hody » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:39 pm

am german married with a colombian wife. Here in germany my wife couldn´t find neither herself nor a apprentice ship nor a job in 4 years. Even school does not seem to exist and the university takes too long is too weird. She studied english, spanish and french in her country but here the language classes are held in german?! To pay a apprentice ship by a school is even with Bafög impossible for us because of our debts.

I am the only one the earns and my wife doesnt seem to have the slidest change to do soemthing else than cleaning or worst here.

We heard Ireland is more expensive than germany, but we are looking forward to have two incomes instead of one.

We, and especially my wife are also very pissed by the german people. People here a quite aggressiv, you have to try hard to get served in a store and sometimes you get even screamed. People that live from what you buy or for what you ask, are upset with you? I am used to that, I have lived that all my life and school was the same. My wife is frustrated about university teachers that made fun of her accent. Nobody gives here a job here because she got accent.

We both speak in english to each other and are capable of fluently english. My wifes mothertongue is spanish, she also also speaks german and some french. I can speak some spanish and very little french too.

My wife already wanted to return to Colombia, but for a German it is very dangerous there and almost impossible for us to make our living. All that could work is an english speaking country like Ireland. I have asked for a Job of my company in Dublin, if that fails I´ll probably look for another one.
We are not asking for much, two jobs and place to stay and to bring dog and cat. (Bye the way is it hard to get an appartment when you have a dog, here it is quite impossible)

The final question would be if my wife gets a working permission too, if I am EEU Citizen and having a job in Ireland? It would be useless to emmigrate if she could not work over there?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:57 pm

your wife should be able to get work in ireland without applying for a work permit (becuase your EEA national)
http://www.oasis.gov.ie/relationships/m ... riage.html

as to how easy or difficult it is to find a job, i wuold say a lot depends on which profession she is in and what kind of work she is prepared to do, given that there is no restriction (in as far as getting work permits are concerned) then i would say it would be relatively easy to get "a job".

ireland (dublin especially) can be expensive but in your case you might find that 2 incomes are better than 1.

can in touch with the Irish embassy there in Germany and they should be able to advise on how your wife could get her "working visa"
anyway best of luck to you

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:15 pm

here is another link, well this one is an official government site

http://www.entemp.ie/labour/workpermits ... iedeea.htm

Your proposed employee does not require a work permit. All non-EEA citizens married to EEA citizens are entitled to work and reside in the European Economic Area.