ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do i need a visa to visit norway

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zak1978
Newly Registered

Do i need a visa to visit norway

Post by Zak1978 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:36 am

Hello everyone hope you all are ok

My husband british and i am uk non eu family member card holder , we would like to visit norway for Christmas we travel together for 10 days.

My question is Do i need a Visa

Thank you very much for your help guys

secret.simon

Re: Do i need a visa to visit norway

Post by secret.simon » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:36 am

Yes, you would need a Schengen visa if other passport holders of the passport you hold need a Schengen visa.

Now that the UK is out of the EU, there are no benefits to spouses of UK citizens when traveling outside the UK.

And the Settled Status scheme is domestic to within the UK only and has no benefits as regards travel to the EU.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Zak1978
Newly Registered

Post by Zak1978 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:56 am

Thank you so much for reply,but i have non eu family member RC is that still need a visa?

Thanks again

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:43 pm

As I understand it your residence card doesn't give you any travel privileges within the EEA area following the UK's departure from the EU. It confirms your status in the UK only.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.