ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Double Entry - Schengen visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

imma8080
India

Double Entry - Schengen visa

Post by imma8080 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:06 pm

Hello,

I and wife are British Nationals, we are planning to take my in laws who are Indian Nationals visiting us in the UK in November. We are planning to go Hungry for 3 days from December 6th to 9th, come back to the UK and then to Finland for a week (December 19th to 26th).

My understanding is, my in-laws need to apply for the tourist visa at the Hungary Visa Centre in India as this will be the first country they will be visiting and do they have to apply for the Schengen visa again when we want to go Finland. In the past, some of my friends had Schengen visa issued only to the duration of the visit so from that perspective, would it be fair to assume that we have a 50-50 chance where either we are provided visa including both the trips or just for the duration for the trip.

Thank you, any assistance will be appreciated.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Double Entry - Schengen visa

Post by meself2 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:56 pm

I'd say it mostly depends on their history (have they had any Schengen visas in the past, fo how long?) and financial stability (do they have just about enough money or a sufficient sum for the trip?)
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

imma8080
India

Post by imma8080 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:46 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. They have been to the UK a couple of times in the past and have always gone back as mentioned in the visa application but haven't been to a schengen county and this will be the first time, visiting a schengen area. They have sufficient funds and have a strong reasons to go like a own house in India funds etc.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:14 am

imma8080 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:46 pm
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. They have been to the UK a couple of times in the past and have always gone back as mentioned in the visa application but haven't been to a schengen county and this will be the first time, visiting a schengen area. They have sufficient funds and have a strong reasons to go like a own house in India funds etc.
For that to have a remote chance of working, you would need to apply for the Schengen visa with the full itinerary of both intended trips. Multiple entry visa would also need to be requested for.
What happens after that is best left to anyone's guess.
Your in-laws might get 3 months visa with 10 days max stay and multiple entry.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

imma8080
India

Post by imma8080 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:22 pm

Thank you!