ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR / Surinder Singh route - Schengen visa for travel to Italy?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

KitKat888
Newly Registered

EEA PR / Surinder Singh route - Schengen visa for travel to Italy?

Post by KitKat888 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:30 am

Hi, I am a non-EU national residing in the UK. I have an EEA PR card / Surinder Singh route (i.e. my British spouse qualified as a EEA citizen due to our residence in Europe prior to move to the UK).

I have an EEA PR card (Surinder Singh route) and am planning to travel to Italy together with my British husband.

Do I need a Schengen visa at all?

VFS website claims I do not need Schengen visa as long as my PR card is 'Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen (biometrics card)' and I travel together with my EEA national. So in theory I should be ok to go visa free but then my husband is British...

Has anyone in the same situation attempted to travel to Europe without visa?

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: EEA PR / Surinder Singh route - Schengen visa for travel to Italy?

Post by Caravel88 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:35 pm

Yes. A ton of people.
You can travel with your spouse and the RC stating that sentence – visa-free.
KitKat888 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:30 am
Hi, I am a non-EU national residing in the UK. I have an EEA PR card / Surinder Singh route (i.e. my British spouse qualified as a EEA citizen due to our residence in Europe prior to move to the UK).

I have an EEA PR card (Surinder Singh route) and am planning to travel to Italy together with my British husband.

Do I need a Schengen visa at all?

VFS website claims I do not need Schengen visa as long as my PR card is 'Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen (biometrics card)' and I travel together with my EEA national. So in theory I should be ok to go visa free but then my husband is British...

Has anyone in the same situation attempted to travel to Europe without visa?