ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Long Term Residents Visa issued in Germany (non EU citizen ) rules about Re entry times

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jeremy Roberts
Newly Registered
New Zealand

EU Long Term Residents Visa issued in Germany (non EU citizen ) rules about Re entry times

Post by Jeremy Roberts » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:16 pm

Hi I have a question about a Non EU Citizen with a German Issued EU Long Term Residant Permit.

My understanding is that if you leave Germany for a period of 12 months or more you losse the Visa entitlement.

My 1st question is if you return to Germany before the 12 month period of absence and re registar an address with the authorites in Germany how long do you need to stay back in Germany before you can leave again and start a new period of 12 months entitlement ?
Could you be back for a month and then go travelling for the next 3 -6 months outside of Germany ?

In addition does anyone know if you can return to another EU country i.e. not Germany after 1 years of absence and still retain the EU Long Term Visa status ?

Any help on this topic would be appericated.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: EU Long Term Residents Visa issued in Germany (non EU citizen ) rules about Re entry times

Post by Caravel88 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:11 am

If you are not living in the country you will lose it.
Period is generally 6 months.
Contact the foreign office for your particular situation.
Jeremy Roberts wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:16 pm
Hi I have a question about a Non EU Citizen with a German Issued EU Long Term Residant Permit.

My understanding is that if you leave Germany for a period of 12 months or more you losse the Visa entitlement.

My 1st question is if you return to Germany before the 12 month period of absence and re registar an address with the authorites in Germany how long do you need to stay back in Germany before you can leave again and start a new period of 12 months entitlement ?
Could you be back for a month and then go travelling for the next 3 -6 months outside of Germany ?

In addition does anyone know if you can return to another EU country i.e. not Germany after 1 years of absence and still retain the EU Long Term Visa status ?

Any help on this topic would be appericated.