ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Spouse visa refused twice, please help!!!

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sincejan
Newly Registered

EU Spouse visa refused twice, please help!!!

Post by Sincejan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:42 pm

Hello Guys need help

I'm a Pakistani national and my wife is Spanish national.
We got married last year November in Pakistan. We planned to meet and spend sometime together in France.
I applied to French embassy clearly stating on cover letter that I will be Joining my wife in France under the free movement law.
I was asked to provide the tickets and hotel booking which I did along with marriage registration certificate attested by foreign ministry, my wife's passport & ID attested copies. On interview day I was asked to get my marriage certificate legalised by Spanish embassy. My application was taken and after few days later I got a refusal saying my marriage doesn't constitute to be valid. I sent my marriage certificate to Spanish embassy and got the registration certificate legalised.
I again applied in French embassy. On interview day I was treated really badly by the French embassy now asking me if I had REGISTERED my marriage with Spanish embassy. I told them I was asked to get it legalised only. They took my application and again same refusal later.

I have checked with Spanish embassy and registro civil takes more than a year. Please help what should i do.
There's nowhere in EU law which say register the marriage with embassy. Can anybody guide me any other ways. Please help

Ahmshea
Newly Registered

Re: EU Spouse visa refused twice, please help!!!

Post by Ahmshea » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:19 am

submit a complaint by solvit and european ombudsman
this is the only first options what you can use

lidia_9
- thin ice -

Post by lidia_9 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:08 am

Hi, ask your wife to register marriage in spain. It can be done easily n in days.

Sincejan
Newly Registered

Post by Sincejan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:12 pm

I have contacted the Solvit but they didn't even bother to reply me.

@lidia bro I have read your post where you mentioned have your marriage REGISTERED in your spouse's country. Can you guide me more about the process or from where I can take the information about registration of Pakistani marriage in Spain??

lidia_9
- thin ice -

Post by lidia_9 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:38 pm

Ask your spouse to contact her local council or registerar where she is based in spain, you should get info there.

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Post by gokulatti » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:00 pm

sifi

Post by sifi » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:43 pm

Sincejan wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:12 pm
I have contacted the Solvit but they didn't even bother to reply me.

@lidia bro I have read your post where you mentioned have your marriage REGISTERED in your spouse's country. Can you guide me more about the process or from where I can take the information about registration of Pakistani marriage in Spain??
Hi,
Sorry for a late view, just wondering what happens with your visa n marriage registry stuff, did you get it sorted?