ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu visa for EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME FAMILY PERMIT HOLDER

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Haider84
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Eu visa for EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME FAMILY PERMIT HOLDER

Post by Haider84 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:34 am

Hi. I am an EU citizen, my wife and kids recently received eu settlement scheme family permit residence card valid for five years. My question is, can they travel with me to another EU country with this residence card? Or do they need visa for EEA country?

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Re: Eu visa for EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME FAMILY PERMIT HOLDER

Post by ibwe » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:47 am

Haider84 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:34 am
Hi. I am an EU citizen, my wife and kids recently received eu settlement scheme family permit residence card valid for five years. My question is, can they travel with me to another EU country with this residence card? Or do they need visa for EEA country?
Hi,

It depends on what country in EU you want to visit and also depends on what is written explicitly on the residence permit.

For Schengen member states, visiting will require the resident permit to bear one of the following wordings:
1)Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National
2)Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen

If your residence card does not bear one these wordings, then it's better to seek a visa.