ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU work visa: S Corp or Inc.??

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tana
Newly Registered

EU work visa: S Corp or Inc.??

Post by tana » Mon May 10, 2004 4:27 pm

Hello. I have recently been contacted by a recruiter in France, who recommends that I start the application for either an S corp or Inc status.

Here is exactly what she wrote:
"... to facilitate matters, you would want to look into setting up an inc or S corp (ie:in DE)."

and "...having your Inc will allow you to use the “detached” status, and let you work here more easily."

Can anyone provide more information about these statuses? Is the S corp status only for Germany? What is the "detached" status? I am hoping for a job in France, but am also interested in Germany or any EU country.

Also, how are health insurance costs usually handled for non-EU workers who find a position in the EU?

Thanks very much for any help.

Tana

tana
Newly Registered

Post by tana » Mon May 10, 2004 4:51 pm

Thanks so much for the speedy reply. To obtain a status of incorporated, can I be the single employee of this inc. company? Is this status something that I obtain from American authorities, or French?

Do you know anything about the S corp status?

Can you recommend any companies that provide health insurance for Americans working in the EU?

If anyone on this board has experience with either the Inc. issue or health insurance, I would really like to hear from you.

thanks again
tana