Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Extended Family Member of EU Citizen

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:32 am

Extended Family Member of EU Citizen

Post by MaulaJutt » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:17 am

I am a non EU national and I was a student in UK. My brother is a UK Citizen. He moved to Italy exercising his treaty rights under EU law. I moved to Italy on Schengen visa and before the expiry of my Schengen visa I applied for EU residence card under article 3 of Directive 2004/38. I am now waiting for my finger print date. We both are residing at the same address and I am dependent economically on my brother. Can someone guide me on this?

Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:06 pm

Re: Extended Family Member of EU Citizen

Post by qulee89 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:40 pm

If you live with your brother in Italy for more than 3 months (But i would advise you to live there for as much as possible) than apply for EEA family permit under surinder singh route. But make sure you apply before UK leaves EU on 31 dec 2020. You brother who is British should be working in italy or self employed. You should be living with him and be dependent on him. I recently called EU settlement scheme in UK they are accepting Surinder singh applications from outside UK. I would advise you to call EU settlement scheme resolution centre in UK.