ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extended Family Member Sister in Law of EU National

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Natalie_r
Newly Registered
Belgium

Extended Family Member Sister in Law of EU National

Post by Natalie_r » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:35 pm

Hi, I hope to get some advice here. My husband is Dutch exercising his rights here in Belgium. I am a 5 year RC Holder. We were able to get my mom to live with us under Directive 2004/38/EC. We have 2 children. Last year we started supporting my elder sister, she's 39 years old. She was studying to become a lawyer which his boyfriend pays for but unfortunately they broke up. She got depressed and stopped school. She is completely Dependent financially on us. My husband and I are both working so we have enough income to sustain it. We want her to come visit us here but since she doesn't have a job it will be difficult to apply a tourist visa that's why we want to try the extended family member Reunification route. She is single without children and is very fond of my 2 children and wants to visit here. We want her to eventually live with us if she will like it here or support her in her last year of law school, whichever she wants. Any advice on how we should do it? Aside from proof of money transfer I don't know what else we can provide to present a strong case. She's from the Philippines by the way. Thanks in advance

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Extended Family Member Sister in Law of EU National

Post by Caravel88 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:10 pm

Proof of dependence :
- financial dependence proof (bank statements, transactions etc.)
- sworn statement established and signed by the EU/EEA/Swiss citizen for dependance
Natalie_r wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:35 pm
Hi, I hope to get some advice here. My husband is Dutch exercising his rights here in Belgium. I am a 5 year RC Holder. We were able to get my mom to live with us under Directive 2004/38/EC. We have 2 children. Last year we started supporting my elder sister, she's 39 years old. She was studying to become a lawyer which his boyfriend pays for but unfortunately they broke up. She got depressed and stopped school. She is completely Dependent financially on us. My husband and I are both working so we have enough income to sustain it. We want her to come visit us here but since she doesn't have a job it will be difficult to apply a tourist visa that's why we want to try the extended family member Reunification route. She is single without children and is very fond of my 2 children and wants to visit here. We want her to eventually live with us if she will like it here or support her in her last year of law school, whichever she wants. Any advice on how we should do it? Aside from proof of money transfer I don't know what else we can provide to present a strong case. She's from the Philippines by the way. Thanks in advance

Natalie_r
Newly Registered
Belgium

Post by Natalie_r » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:55 am

Thank you! What can be a good proof that the applicant is accompanying or joining the EU citizen?

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:52 pm

Statement by the EU citizen, travel documents and tickets.
Natalie_r wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:55 am
Thank you! What can be a good proof that the applicant is accompanying or joining the EU citizen?