ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visa on the basis of EU citizen

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Fin007
Newly Registered
Finland

Family visa on the basis of EU citizen

Post by Fin007 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:48 pm

Hello
I am a Finnish citizen. I want to apply family visit visa for my Non EU wife on the basis of "freedom of movement in EU".
At the moment I am still living in Finland and I do not have a job offer from any other EU country nor I have registered myself in another EU country.

1. Is it possible that I can have for example a hotel booking to some other EU country to show that we will be travelling there in order to apply under this visa category?

2. If not what is the minimal acceptable way to apply for this type of visa.

Regards

secret.simon

Re: Family visa on the basis of EU citizen

Post by secret.simon » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:16 pm

Fin007 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:48 pm
I want to apply family visit visa for my Non EU wife on the basis of "freedom of movement in EU".
In order for you to apply for your non-EEA citizen spouse under EU law, you need to exercise treaty rights in an EEA member-state of which you are not a citizen. As you mentioned that you are Finnish, perhaps Estonia or Sweden would be the options that would be easiest for you to move to.

Exercising treaty rights means that you need to work, seek work, study or be self-sufficient in that other EEA member-state of which you are not a citizen.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.