ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fastest way to get schengen visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ramesha
Newly Registered
India

fastest way to get schengen visa

Post by ramesha » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:49 am

Hello Everyone,

I have a quick query - I want to travel to France on 3 August. I checked the TLS website for submission date and the earliest is 1 August. How can i get a shcengen visa for visiting france before this date?

Is there any other way to get the schengen visa?

Im an Indian national with UK permanent residency.

Warm Regards

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Re: fastest way to get schengen visa

Post by ibwe » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:12 am

Hi,

I don't know why TLS will, specifically, state a submission date on August 1 whilst the Schengen visa application can be submitted as far back as 90 days before your intended travel date. Maybe due to the volume of applications depending on where you are applying (in India or UK).

If France's Schengen visa is such a fuss from TLS you may try Spain or Greece - both are very fast in processing visas (maximum 15 working days) though the French are very liberal, in my experience, to issue visas with less hassle. Just make sure that you are 100% and a bit more prepared with the documentation.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:36 am

ibwe wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:12 am
Hi,

I don't know why TLS will, specifically, state a submission date on August 1 whilst the Schengen visa application can be submitted as far back as 90 days before your intended travel date. Maybe due to the volume of applications depending on where you are applying (in India or UK).

If France's Schengen visa is such a fuss from TLS you may try Spain or Greece - both are very fast in processing visas (maximum 15 working days) though the French are very liberal, in my experience, to issue visas with less hassle. Just make sure that you are 100% and a bit more prepared with the documentation.
The OP wants to travel in two days time. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by ibwe » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:07 am

Oh! Didn't quite get the OP's meaning. In two days' time not so sure. It might depend on the circumstances - if it is an emergency and the consulate deems it as so.
If you are a family member of EU/EAA citizen it can be easier as the visas are supposed to be issued as fast as possible. I had mine processed in less than 48 hours (36 hours to be exact) by the French consulate in Beijing, China. Part of it was because I went directly to the consulate counter (family members at the time, could go directly to apply for visa without appointment) and presented my case.