ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

French Long Stay Student Visa - VLS-TS

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rishiferrari
Newly Registered
India

French Long Stay Student Visa - VLS-TS

Post by Rishiferrari » Mon May 14, 2018 1:57 pm

I am applying for my French long stay student visa as I have a confirmed admission letter from a university in France. My question is, is this visa (VLS-TS) conditional? My admission is into a private university that charges a hefty tuition fee for which I am taking a huge loan. But I also see a lot of public universities in France with much much lower tuition fees. My application, as per procedure, is through Campus France where my school and course are mentioned on my file. But now I am regretting my decision to go with this university because there are cheaper options. I don't want to cancel and reapply for my visa after having come this far. Once I am in France, can I change my course and university and the city to a cheaper option or will the visa become invalid and I have to reapply again from the beginning?

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: French Long Stay Student Visa - VLS-TS

Post by Caravel88 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:03 pm

Have you applied already or not?

France won't care which university you are studying at. But your Campus France application is important.

You can later change schools in france.
Rishiferrari wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:57 pm
I am applying for my French long stay student visa as I have a confirmed admission letter from a university in France. My question is, is this visa (VLS-TS) conditional? My admission is into a private university that charges a hefty tuition fee for which I am taking a huge loan. But I also see a lot of public universities in France with much much lower tuition fees. My application, as per procedure, is through Campus France where my school and course are mentioned on my file. But now I am regretting my decision to go with this university because there are cheaper options. I don't want to cancel and reapply for my visa after having come this far. Once I am in France, can I change my course and university and the city to a cheaper option or will the visa become invalid and I have to reapply again from the beginning?

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Re: French Long Stay Student Visa - VLS-TS

Post by gokulatti » Tue May 15, 2018 10:42 pm

Changing University AFTER you come to France is definitely possible. A lot of students actually do that, for that to happen you need to first enrol as a student as soon as you come to france otherwise the universities are obliged to report you to the immigration office and might end up revoking your visa, I suggest you start looking in to alternative universities already since intake are usually during fixed time of the year.

Most of the students that I know of had come to Europe with a student visa with the university that gave them the unconditional offer letter. enrolled at the university, did a sememster, got some ects points, then decided this study/uni was not for them and changed course altogether or transferred their ects to some other university with accepted the ects as exemption from doing 1st semester all over again since the modules matched.